On 07/06/18 15:56, Tobias Nipkow wrote:
> I have recently (eg 6a0852b8e5a8) noticed the following behaviour,
> although it may be older:
>
> I start
>
> isabelle jedit Analysis.thy
>
> let it run for a little bit, then double-click on some of the early
> theories in the Theories panel (probably one it has processed already or
> is in the process of doing so) and after a little bit double-click on
> theory Analysis in the theory panel, this double click is usually
> ignored. Often a second double-click is ignored as well. Typically the
> fan is quite busy. Eventually (12-20 secs?) a third double-click returns
> me to Analysis.thy.

This is definitely important for the coming release: performance
bottle-necks and other instabilities need to be sorted out -- I will
come back to it soon.

I have myself seen various performance problems with Isabelle/jEdit and
HOL-Analysis in the past few weeks/months: it seems to approach to edge
of what is feasible on the MacPro by Larry.

        Makarius