We are now past the fork point for the Isabelle2018 release.
Here is a summary of the status of the Isabelle development process:
* https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle-release is where
the final release preparations happen before roll-out in a few
The starting point is changeset 89e05bd572c6.
* https://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is back in post-release
mode right now (changeset d69127c6e80f); it is mirrored onto
https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle every 10 min. Anything
pushed to the isabelle repository is for the next release after
* AFP (presently at 7175b64d54a4) needs to be understood wrt.
isabelle-release at the moment. Gerwin will explain when and how
the fork of afp-devel vs. afp-2018 happens (presumably within the
next few days).
* https://isabelle.sketis.net/devel with the automated testing and
snapshot service follows the isabelle-dev repository; it is
not forked to keep the long term test results in a linear form.
* isabelle-users is the place to discuss Isabelle2018-RC versions.
* isabelle-dev is the place to discuss ongoing post-release
The isabelle-release repository has no public push access. Any changes
that are relevant for the release need to be sent to me via email
(produced by "hg export" or "hg bundle"). Changesets need to be
prepared from a current state of isabelle-release, not the ongoing
post-release development, and applied to only one of the two repository
Changes to the actual code base should be limited to really important
During the forked state of the two repositories, big upheaveals on the
isabelle-dev repository should be avoided, so that the isabelle-release
branch can be merged back cleanly after some weeks; but it is
better to publish changes now than to stockpile them for a long time.
isabelle-dev mailing list