With respect to the text in section 5.2, I agree with Peter.

Thanks
Acee

On 2/12/18, 9:59 AM, "BIER on behalf of Peter Psenak (ppsenak)"
<bier-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of ppse...@cisco.com> wrote:

    Hi Tony,

    OSPF does not have the original text, so it does not need the new one.

    IMHO, the text in section 5 of ISIS BIER draft suits better to the BIER
    architecture draft than to the IGP extension draft.

    thanks,
    Peter

<mailto:t...@cs.fau.de>]
> [...]
    >                              > > - BIER TLVs stay within single ISIS
    >                             areas. BFIR and BFER must therefore be
    >                              > >   in the same ISIS area: There is no
    >                             inter-area BIER traffic possible
    >                              > >   with this specification. This is also
    >                             true for ISIS area 0.
    >                              > >
    >                              > > - The same BIER sub-domain identifiers
    >                             can be re-used
    >                              > >   across different ISIS areas without
    >                             any current impact. If these BFR-IDs
    >                              > >   are non-overlapping, then this would
    >                             allow in the future to create a single
    >                              > >   cross ISIS area BIER sub-domain by
    >                             leaking TLVs for such a BIER sub-domain
    >                              > >   across ISIS levels. Leakage is
    >                             outside the scope of this specificication.
    >                              > >
    >                              > > I actually even would like to do the
    >                             following:
    >                              > >
    >                              > > - If BIER sub-domains are made to span
    >                             multiple ISIS areas and BFR-ids
    >                              > > assignemtns
    >                              > >   are made such that all BFR-ids with
    >                             the same SI are in the same ISIS ara,
    >                              > >   then it should be in the future
    >                             reasonably easy to create inter-area BIER
    >                              > >   not by leaking of the BIER TLV but by
    >                             having BFIR MPLS unicastBIER packets
    >                              > >   for different SIs to an appropriate
    >                             L2L1 BFIR that is part of the destination
    >                              > > area/SI.
    >                              > >   (if you would use SI number that are
    >                             the same as ISIS area numbers then
    >                              > >    you could probably do this without
    >                             any new signaling. Not quite sure if
    >                              > >    you can today easily find L1L2
    >                             border router for another area via existing
    >                              > >    TLVs).
    >                              > >
    >                              > >   Alas, this idea will probably be
    >                             killed because of the BIER architecture
    >                              > >   intent not to engineer SI assignments
    >                             in geographical fashions to
    >                              > >   minimize traffic duplication in the
    >                             presence of multiple SIs.
    >                              > >
    >                              > > Cheers
    >                              > >     Toerless
    >                              > >
    >                              > > On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 06:03:53AM
    >                             +0000, Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) wrote:
    >                              > > > Tony/Toerless ???
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > There is an explicit statement as to
    >                             scope:
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > <snip>
    >                              > > > Section 4.2
    >                              > > > ???
    >                              > > >    o  BIER sub-TLVs MUST NOT be
    >                             included when a prefix reachability
    >                              > > >       advertisement is leaked between
    >                             levels.
    >                              > > > <end snip>
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > Tony seems to have forgotten that we
    >                             had a discussion about how BIER
    >                              > > might be supported across areas and the
    >                             conclusion was we did not know
    >                              > > how to do that yet.
    >                              > > > (Sorry Tony)
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > Note this is ???consistent??? with

bier-ospf-bier-extensions-07.txt%20Section%202.5>
> [...]
    >                              > > give it some thought how that would
    >                             transition ...
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > Thinking further though, in ISIS we
    >                             have a clean document really. The  BIER
    >                              > > sub-TLVs go into well defined TLVs in
    >                             terms of flooding scope. Normal L1-L2
    >                              > > redistribution can be used to get the
    >                             info to all needed places AFAIS. So
    >                              > > maybe nothing needs to be written. I
    >                             wait for Les to chime in.
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > OSPF I would have to look @ scopes
    >                             again & think whether we need to
    >                              > > write something or maybe Peter can
    >                             comment ...
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > --- tony
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 8:27 AM,
    >                             Toerless Eckert
    >                              > > <t...@cs.fau.de
    >                             <mailto:t...@cs.fau.de><mailto:t...@cs.fau.de
    >                             <mailto:t...@cs.fau.de>>> wrote:
    >                              > > > Sorry, past the two weeks, but
    >                             hopefully  benign textual comments:
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > We tried to find an explicit
    >                             statement about the scope of BIER TLVs - eg:
    >                              > > > are they meant to stay within an
    >                             area, have some redistribution across
    >                              > > > areas/levels or not.
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > Tony said WG agreement was to have
    >                             these TLV be flooded across the
    >                              > > > whole ISIS domain for now (this
    >                             draft). So an explicit statement to that
    >                              > > effect would
    >                              > > > be great (All BIER sub-domains TLVs
    >                             are flooded across all ISIS areas/levels,
    >                              > > so they span the whole ISIS domain).
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > Also, if future work may/should could
    >                             improve on that maybe some
    >                              > > > sentence about that (i guess one
    >                             could just have ISIS intra-area BIER sub-
    >                              > > domains ?).
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > Also: Do a check about possible
    >                             ambiguity of any generic terms like
    >                              > > sub-domain, level, area, topology so
    >                             that reader that don't know the
    >                              > > terminology ofall protocols (ISIS,
    >                             BIER) by heart can easily know which
    >                              > > protocol is referred to.
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > [Les:] There is no mention of
    >                             ???level??? in the document.
    >                              > > > The use of ???sub-domain??? is
    >                             clearly always associated with ???BIER???.
    >                              > > > ???topology??? is always used as an
    >                             RFC 5120 topology ??? therefore
    >                              > > clearly an IS-IS topology.
    >                              > > > There is only one use of the term
    >                             ???area??? (in Section 5.1). That text
    >                              > > might deserve a bit of clarification
    >                             given this might be either a Level 1 area or
    >                              > > the Level2 sub-domain. I???ll take a
    >                             pass at it.
    >                              > > > (BTW ??? I am talking about IS-IS
    >                             area/L2sub-domain Toerless. ???)
    >                              > > >
    >                              > > > I don???t see that any other
    >                             clarification is needed ??? but Toerless ???
if

<mailto:t...@cs.fau.de>____