"current status".

Maybe folks should ask themselves:
Whats the worst case that could happen when we stick to "current status" ?

IMHO, we can do whatever we want with future work in a backward compatible
fashion and would at most have wasted 7 bits of BAR field. Thats not bad
enough to delay these 2.5++ year old drafts any further IMHO.  Best case, we
will have more efficient encoding for future work than future/additional
{sub-}sub-TLVs
if we'd shrunk/cut the field now.

Cheers
   Toerless