Satu artikel oleh Rockybru yang menggusarkan penyokong, peminat, pengguna 
kereta nasional negara, Proton. Apakah Proton akan mengeluarkan kereta 
penjenamaan semula (re-badge) keluaran Volkswagen? CEO Proton pula , Syed 
Zainal dikhabarkan akan tamat perkhidmatan dengan Proton pada hujung bulan, 
satu berita yang menyedihkan ramai pekerja Proton dan kesatuan. Apakah semua 
desas desus ini akan mengurangkan keyakinan orang ramai untuk menyokong kereta 
nasional utama selepas ini? 
 
After Syed Zainal, Proton to re-badge again? 
Wednesday, March 07, 2012
 
Since DRB-HICOM’s emergence in Proton, some of VW’s top group directors have 
visited the Proton plant, as well as reviewed all the existing Proton models. 
Following the review and a meeting in Hong Kong last month between Soh Wei Ming 
(VW head for the Pacific) and DRB-HICOM’s chief operating officer, Datuk Lukman 
Ibrahim, it was decided that the Polo would be the best fit for Proton. - 
Volkswagen's grand vision for Proton, BT 5-3-2012
 
DRB's Proton to re-badge Polo, says who? The series of articles in the papers 
on Proton and VW would have been exciting news, ordinarily. But at a time when 
DRB-Hicom has just taken over the national car [DRB's bosses are due to take 
over the Board of Proton this March 21], the news is odd. Worrying, in fact.
 
Read the articles in this order:
1. VW's grand vision for Proton
2. Polo pick may drive back Proton into top spot
3. Rebadged VW to help Proton recapture market
 
What happens to "no more re-badging", Luqman? The Polo is a great, small car. 
But if we want the national car to go back to rebadging cars (or if we wanted 
VW to run the show), we didn't need a bloody corporate takeover to do that. The 
people at DRB-Hicom had been preaching against rebadging - it was a major point 
they were making to back their bid for Proton - but here we have news that 
Luqman, who's tipped to replace Syed Zainal as CEO of Proton, okaying a 
proposed rebadging. 
 
If DRB and Luqman do not deny or clarify the news about rebadging the VW 
immediately, I am taking it that they are going back on their words!
 
Proton's heartache. In a related development, Syed Zainal is said to be getting 
his marching orders before the end of the month. You can imagine how unhappy 
the Proton employees and unions are about this. Many felt that since April is 
the launch of the new Proton model, described by Dr Mahathir as the best Proton 
car ever (and not rebadged), Syed Zainal should be allowed at least the honour 
of holding the ribbons while the Prime Minister cuts them.
 
DRB's headache. Morale is low at Proton, I guess I don't have to tell anyone 
that. In any corporate takeover, the CEO, COO and CFO or the party that is 
being taken over will have to go. Syed Mokhtar's DRB will be putting its own 
people to head the national car. But DRB has its own problems in terms of 
personnel as it has lost quite a few very good people in the last few months 
due to internal politics. Last month, DRB's most seasoned auto man walked out 
of the group. People in Proton are hoping DRB's internal politics will stay at 
DRB and not come to Proton. I hope we don't end up with a Proton that's run by 
VW people! What Syed Mokthtar needs is a head who knows how to rev up the 
morale of the Proton citizens.
 
Should be con'd ..
 
http://www.rockybru.com.my/2012/03/after-syed-zainal-proton-to-re-badge.html 

Kirim email ke