Assalamu aleikum.

The darkness of shaitan known as "christianity" does
not want to be exposed to the light of truth, and with
good reason. The christian fear of losing adherents
from their weird "eat the body of Jesus" and "drink
the blood of Jesus" cannibal cult is well-justified,
and the christians SHOULD slink off in shame as they
have done at WTBN.

---

Christian Radio Cancels Interfaith Dialogue Ad
Islam Online
February 11, 2005
http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2005-02/11/article01.shtml

---
photo:
“There's a lot of misinformation about Islam, and
relations are strained. Not only here, but all around
the world,” said Bedier.
http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2005-02/11/images/pic01.jpg
---

WASHINGTON , February 11 (IslamOnline.net & News
Agencies) – A Christian Radio station cancelled an
advertisement on an event promoting dialogue with
Muslims at the university of South Flordia , according
to press reports Friday, February 11.

The ad was highlighting an event promoting dialogue,
to be held Saturday, February 12, between Christians
and Muslims at the US University.

“This is exactly why we need to be doing programs like
this,”' said Ahmed Bedier, director of the Central
Florida office of the Council on American-Islamic
Relations (CAIR).

“There's a lot of misinformation about Islam, and
relations are strained. Not only here, but all around
the world,” he was quoted by Miami Herald as saying.

Christopher Gould, general manager at WTBN-AM, claimed
the 30-second spot didn't serve its listeners,
alleging “the group recruits people to Islam”.

Gould further added that his decision is in keeping
with the company's philosophy to serve evangelical
Christians.

“If the Church (of Jesus Christ) of Latter-day Saints
or (Jehovah's) Witnesses wanted to run a spot
promoting their religion, we'd do the same thing,” he
said.

“We're here to serve evangelical Christians.”

No Conversions

Bedier, however, said his group’s intent was not to
convert people, but to encourage dialogue, protect
civil liberties and promote mutual understanding.

“Islam exhorts us to engage in dialogue with others
and to build good relations with our neighbors,” said
Bedier said in a press release before the launch of
the dialogue.

“The Tampa interfaith community is fortunate to have
leaders who seek dialogue and preach tolerance.”

The event­, entitled “Biblical and Quranic
Perspectives”, invited Muslim and Christian scholars
including Reverend Dr. Duncan Ferguson, Director of
the Center for Spiritual Life at Eckerd College, and
Dr. Jamal Badawi, professor at St. Mary’s University
in Canada.

The Tampa Bay-area station will refund the Muslim
organization’s $300, Gould said.

The contract had been signed by a sales manager when
the promotions department reviewed the ad.

Gould claimed he checked out the council’s (CAIR’s)
Web site and concluded the group is “clearly
interested in recruiting people” to Islam, a charge
denied by the organization, the biggest Muslim civil
liberties group in North America.

“The language was very gentle, and it’s under the
guise of tolerance and discussion,”' he said.

“But the fact is, they want to grow their
organization.”

That is not the group's intent, Bedier charged.

Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam,
encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower
American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote
justice and mutual understanding, according to its Web
site.

The organization has 31 offices and chapters
nationwide and in Canada .

‘Misunderstanding’

A narrator opens the spot with: “Our world today is
torn apart by mistrust and misunderstanding. We have a
choice: live in ignorance of each other or work to
create harmony and tolerance.”

Listeners are then invited to a “historic dialogue'”
between Christians and Muslims who will share their
perspectives on Jesus.

The event is intended to show that the two religions
have more in common than differences, particularly
among conservative worshippers, Bedier said.

“We're very close when it comes to social issues. We
don't drink, we're against abortion and we're
family-oriented. But we have to have dialogue to know
this about each other.”

Bedier also said Islam is the only other major
religion that believes Jesus was sent by God.

WTBN is owned by Salem Communications, a radio
broadcasting company with Christian and family-themed
programming. The chain owns 104 stations nationwide.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2005-02/11/article01.shtml

http://my.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links