fyi
Peace, Curtis Sharif
Houston, Texas

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:01:26 -0800 (PST)
From: shamsuddin waheed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re:The exchange between Imam Kashif and Dr Siddiqui...Controversy about Imam WD Mohammed

"And everyone has an ideal for which he bears up,
so[your ideal should be to]vie one with another
in doing all[moral and physical] good deeds.Wherever
you maybe, Allah will bring you all together.Allah
indeed is the possessor of full power to do all that
he will"{Qur'an 2:148,Amatul-Rahman Omar trans]

To Dr Siddiqui and all my fellow Musims:

As salaamu alaikum.Over the last couple of
months,numerous Muslim internet forums and groups have
seen hot debate regarding Imam WD Mohammed,especially
concerning a speech in which he is said to have denied
that Muhammad[Pbuh] is the last of the messengers.I
have only recently read this last exchange, which is
certainly heated in nature, and felt compelled to add
some thoughts, in hopes of ending any
misunderstandings and ill-feelings that may exist
between segments of Muslims.

Firstly, i have read the said speech in question, and
i didn't get the idea that understanding at
all[i.e.that Imam Mohammed was denying Prophet
Muhammad].In the midst of speaking of the
Qadiani/Ahmadi group,he explained that Muhammad was
indeed the last of the prophets,however, that doesn't
mean that Allah has ceased in bestowing his
blessings,guidance,and inspiration to the world!Imam
Mohammed said"...THE PROPHETIC LINE,I REPEAT, HAS A
BEGINNING AND HAS AN ENDING, BUT RELIGION AND HELP TO
HUMAN BEIGNS FROM OUR CREATOR,GOD,HAS NO ENDING.IT
GOES ON FOREVER".He gives an example of how Allah may
'send a messenger' to assist a household's problems.He
also says "He will call ANGELS to work with them for
the betterment, for the success of what they are
trying to achieve..."

None of these statements can be said to contradict the
Qur'an.In fact, Allah does speak of angels as
"MESSENGERS"{Q 35:1].I appeal to you, Dr Siddiqui, to
be careful in hasty pronouncements and judgements of
'Kufr'[making"Takfeer" on someone],as i know from
reading your posts and writings that you are an
intelligent person, and hastiness does not benefit you
at all in these regards.

I can understand that as a Pakistani, you are
sensitive to the use and discussion of phrases like
"Messenger"{Rasul] due to the Qadiani schism, however
i implore you to have a broader mindset and attempt to
understand what is exactly beign conveyed by Imam
Mohammed when he speaks in such terms.

Moreover,if you make 'takfeer' on him, other Muslims
will feel equally the same about you, as you have
denied the traditional idea of the 2nd coming of Jesus
in your book "Dajjal"{ft.1}.

The 2nd main point you seem to have against Imam
Mohammed[and other Muslim leaders] is his percieved
closeness to the US goverment and his 'failure' to be
critical of US foreign policy.Although i have heard
him give addresses critical of the Iraq war and the US
bias in Israel's favour, you should understand that
ATTACKING THE FOREIGN POLICY IS NOT HIS JOB OR ROLE!AS
i see it,he is attempting to CREATE AN INDEPENDENT
IDENDITY AND ISLAMIC UNDERSTANDING FOR MUSLIM
AMERICANS!He is not a full-time activist, lawyer, or
advocate for the various people imprisoned[rightly or
wrongly] nor an apologist for the conditions of many
places in the Muslim world["It's America's fault" kind
of mentality].

If Imam Mohammed was interested in wealth[which would
seem the motivation for anyone 'working for the state
department'],he would have never abadoned the
Narrow,Nationalistic ideology taught by the NOI for
the Qur'anic teaching and Prophetic example upon his
rise to the leadership in 1975.If he was interested in
wealth, he would have merged the Muslims in his
association with the Saudi-funded Salafi-style groups
.

If we don't like each other's way of doing things,or
of approaches to this or that situation, that's
okay!Allah has given us all minds and free will,to
approach callings and situations as we see best.That
is exactly why i referred to 2:148.We need to stop
beign fault-finders in each other,see the good in each
other, and if we disagree, then agree to simply allow
each other to do what you wish, but we must have
respect and consideration for each other.

Has-Bun-Allaha wa Ni'maal Wakeel

Imam S Waheed

1]I will mention here that i also reject the idea of
the 2nd coming of Jesus, as it is clearly an idea
unsupported by the Qur'an.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Children International
Would you give Hope to a Child in need?