RESPECTED BROTHER / SISTER

AS SALAAM U ALAIKUM

THE TSUNAMI OF 26TH DECEMBER 2004 HAS COME AND GONE. THE DEVASTATION AND DESTRUCTION CAUSED IS UNIMAGINABLE UNLESS ONE VISITS THE AFFECTED AREAS.ALHUMDULILLAH, OUR RELIEF TEAMS RECENTLY VISITED OUR VARIOUS PROJECTS IN BANDA ACEH, INDONESIA AND SRI LANKA.

THE REAL WORK NOW BEGINS. WHILST OTHER RELIEF ORGANISATIONS ARE NOW PULLING OUT FROM AFFECTED AREAS, AND AS THE EVENT SLOWLY HAS MOVED AWAY FROM MAIN STREAM MEDIA, WE SHOULD NOT ALLOW THIS CATASTROPHE TO MOVE OUT OF OUR HEARTS AND MINDS.OUR EFFORTS SHOULD NOW REALLY INCREASE. THOUSANDS OF OUR FELLOW MUSLIMS HAVE BECOME ORPHANS, WIDOWS, HOMELESS , IMPOVERISHED AND NEED YOUR HELP.

LET US OPEN OUR HEARTS UNTIL WE FEEL THEIR PAIN. LET US DONATE GENEROUSLY. IT IS ONLY OUR ALLAH THAT CAN REWARD YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

WOULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH TO FORWARD THIS E MAIL TO ALL ON YOUR MAILING LIST.

SHUKRAN

YOURS IN SERVING HUMANITY

YACOOB VAHED

NATIONAL CO ORDINATOR

0027-83-7085826 24 hour mobile number

AL IMDAAD FOUNDATION

P.O.BOX 481, ESTCOURT, 3310

SOUTH AFRICA

      Banda Aceh Needs Your Support!!!

 Help us assist the victims of the Tsunami.

Thousands more feared dead leaving the death toll exceeding 300,000 and millions homeless.

The Al-Imdaad Foundation has embarked on long term projects such as providing fresh water tankers, fishing boats, orphanages, and the establishment of an AL-IMDAAD VILLAGE comprising of houses, clinics, madressahs and masajid.  The people of Banda Aceh look forward to your continued support.

FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:

Ml. Shabier Saloojee: 011 859 1912 Jhb

Ml Ahmed Chohan:      082 337 8674 Dbn

Yacoob Vahed:            083 708 5826

Qari Ziyaad Patel:        082 786 7755 Jhb

Rafique Vahed:            082 392 8786

Abubaker Mahomed:   082 562 6792

Idris Hansa:                  082 777 8128 Dbn

Farouk Bassa:              082 859 7869 Dbn

Zaakir Rawat:              083 487 3660

FOR BANKING DETAILS VISIT www.alimdaad.com

OUR 24HOUR CALL CENTRE NUMBER

0861 786 243 / 0861 786 AID

SMS your mobile number to 0836420547 to receive free news updates - South Africa only

My experience on the silent land of Aceh

by Zahid Asmal, head of news, research and development at Channel Islam International.

The entire world was shaken by the devastation and destruction caused by the tsunami in South Asia on Dec.26, 2004. Over 290,000 lost their lives that day and many more will probably die in the chaos of the aftermath. The victims ranged from wealthy tourists to poor coastal villagers and represented over 40 countries globally. Along with millions around the world, Africa also felt the powerful aftershock of one of the greatest natural disasters in history. I was fortunate to accompany a delegation of the Al Imdaad Foundation to witness first hand and report back on the conditions in Sri Lanka and Indonesia. The province of Aceh was the worst-hit area from this disaster, and the numbers of victims from Aceh alone are expected to be approximately 200,000.Expecting to see a fair amount of destruction, I readied myself to absorb the plight of the survivors, not knowing that this trip was to become an experience I would never ever forget. Death and destruction alongside standing masajid and the sprawling orphanages is no place for the fainthearted. My experience has given me a new purpose in life especially after listening to the heartbreaking story of brother Aamir. He told me that he could save his teenage daughter if she was prepared to hang on to him naked, but because of the shame and modesty she rather chooses to go along with the wave. Its two months since the fateful day but many a father can still be seen wondering across empty lands in the hope of finding family. In Sri Lanka, a brother told us that he lost 64 people of his family .After the third earthquake and wave survivors recall tearfully how they were thrown around and turned as if they were cotton wool. Aamir say "You could not run, not even stand at all, Allah's minute power came the fore" A sister in Sri Lanka who by the mercy of the almighty survived tearfully told me that it would have been better if she passed on instead of her husband and six of her kids. Not knowing what the future holds, she nevertheless offered to adopt six orphaned children who live not very far from her 2M X 2M tent.

Jameela in Aceh told me that she did not realize at first how serious the situation was. But, when she turned her face around she saw the water was very dark and about 7 meters [23 feet] high heading to catch her. She realized it must be a tsunami, and I left her car and ran as fast as she could. Turning right she noticed the water about 150 meters away from her home heading to the main street. She jumped and climbed the roof on the second floor. Sobbing, she says “After that I made salaah, and every body followed and only around 20 to 30 people climbed like I did. I waited until the water started cooling down. I sat on the second floor, which belonged to my neighbour, for about five hours. Under a very hot sun. You can see on a map of Aceh where I live. I live at Rawa sakti Barat III No. 15 Banda Aceh, Indonesia. It is almost 2 kilometres away from the sea". Jameela added "Thanks to God I was safe, but many people downstairs and on the streets died. I saw the water was like 6 meters high. Can you imagine that? I tried to help my family, but my grandmother passed away, and that is only a small part that I can tell you." As you walk across the silent rubble, fish unknowingly swimming in puddles of water left behind by the gigantic waves, will one realize the magnitude of this disaster? The Al Imdaad Foundation who rightfully can be praised for the swift action it initiated in relief efforts must carry on with the responsibility of rehabilitation and empowerment. I have been totally impressed by the effort of the foundation especially in Sri Lanka where results can be seen in terms of job creation and the building of homes and Yateem Khana's. May Allah-Subhanatallah grant strength and sincerity to all those involved who work unselfishly and solely for his pleasure. May Almighty Allah continue to open the hearts of Muslims in the spirit of Islamic upliftment, as you have shown. These are only a few stories from among hundreds of thousands. The large number of deaths caused by this disaster and the continuing danger from disease, lack of shelter and food create an urgent need for aid.

www.alimdaad.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Children International
Would you give Hope to a Child in need?