Salaams

Excellent post!

On 6/19/05, Souladvisor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

« Friday Nasiha Maintainer » <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Living the Quran

Al-Ankabut (The Spider)
Chapter 29: Verse 69

Diving Into the Struggle
"And those who Strive in Our (Cause),
We will certainly guide them to Our paths: for verily Allah is with those who do Right."

Application of the Qur'an: A Dynamic Process

  • What one receives from the Qur'an, how much one understands of the Qur'an, and how much one is truly guided by it, is not a static process. It is indeed a dynamic process that is directly related to one's faith and willingness to apply the Qur'an

  • As the person learns and applies the Qur'an, his or her understanding of the Qur'an increases even further. This was precisely the case with the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)

Living in the Shade of the Qur'an: The Real Sweetness of Faith

  • Sayyid Qutb (rahimahullah) convincingly elaborates that unless we apply the Qur'an in our actions and actually begins to live in the shade of the Qur'an, we will never really taste the sweetness or experience the guidance of the Qur'an

  • "The [sweet taste] of this Qur'an cannot be tasted except by the one who dives into the struggle: The one who faces the same situations and struggles concerning which the Qur'an as revealed."

  • "Those who just search for the meaning and evidences of the Qur'an, while they are sitting studying it as a speech or art only, will never be able to discover the reality of the Qur'an from that motionless, barren sitting, far away from the struggle and far away from the movement. The reality of the Qur'an is never revealed to those who simply sit around and watch" commented Imam Qutb in his tafseer.

It is not a Book of Abstract Theories:

  • Sayyid Abul A'la Mawdudi (rahimahullah) eloquently echoed similar thoughts, "The Qur'an is neither a book of abstract theories and cold doctrines, which the reader can grasp while seated in a cozy armchair, nor is it merely a religious book like any other religious books, the secrets of which can be grasped in oratories"

  • "This is the Book which inspired and directed a great movement which began with the preaching of a powerful message that transformed the world!"

It is sheer arrogance on our part to become satisfied with our deeds and claim that what we are doing is sufficient for us. We should always keep in mind that we will not enter Paradise on the basis of our deeds but only because of Allah's mercy. Therefore we should always strive to better ourselves, in order to please Allah, in the same way that many of us strive to better ourselves in our work and study.

Source:
" How to Approach and Understand the Quran" - Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo, pp. 178-182

O Allah, O Sufficer of the isolated and weak and Protector against terrifying affairs! Offenses have isolated me, so there is none to be my companion. I am too weak for Thy wrath and there is none to strengthen me. I have approached the terror of meeting Thee and there is none to still my fear. I beg for Your Mercy!  Ameen
Push On Dua!

Do you Yahoo!?

G. Waleed Kavalec
  http://www.IslamAwakened.com/Quran