If the bombings were revenge for the attacks on Iraq and continued attacks on Palestine, then the political leaders and corporations who made the decisions to attack Iraq were not the ones to suffer. "Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London, said the attacks were aimed at average Londoners.

"This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful," he said.

"It was aimed at working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew, young and old, an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter irrespective of any consideration." http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050707/wl_uk_afp/britainattacksoly2012gbrlivingstone_050707145016

==========================

But listen to the twisted hypocrisy of Tony Blair and other G8 leaders' remarks. Just insert the word Iraqis or Palestinians etc instead of Londoners, and Blair inadvertanlty expresses the sorrow and anger of his own victims.

Imagine Iraqis and Iraqi leaders speaking after the American lead and Blair supported "Shock and Awe" operation using Blair's own words from yesterday:

( Text of Prime Minister Tony Blair’s verbal statement Thursday on London blasts with G-8 leaders in Gleneagles, Scotland: http://www.sebimeyer.com/?p=1074#more-1074 )

"We [the Iraqi people] condemn utterly these barbaric attacks. We send our profound condolences to the victims and their families.

All of our countries have suffered from the impact of [state] terrorism. Those responsible have no respect for human life. We are united in our resolve to confront and defeat this [American, British...] terrorism that is not an attack on one nation but on all nations and on civilized people everywhere.

We will not allow violence to change our societies or our values... The perpetrators of today’s attacks are intent on destroying human life.

The [state] terrorists will not succeed. Today’s bombings will not weaken in any way our resolve to uphold the most deeply held principles of our societies and to defeat those who would impose their fanaticism and extremism on all of us.

We shall prevail and they shall not."

Blair's written comments later in the day July 7 also edited from the Iraqi point of view. http://usinfo.state.gov/is/Archive/2005/Jul/07-530122.html

"I am just going to make a short statement to you on the terrible events that have happened in [Iraq] earlier today, and I hope you understand that at the present time we are still trying to establish exactly what has happened, and there is a limit to what information I can give you, and I will simply try and tell you the information as best I can at the moment.

It is reasonably clear that there have been a series of terrorist attacks in [Iraq]. There are obviously casualties, both people that have died and people seriously injured, and our thoughts and prayers of course are with the victims and their families...

It is important however that those engaged in [state] terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and our way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people in a desire to impose [American domination, globalization, imperialism, capitalism .. you choose the word] on the world. Whatever they do, it is our determination that they will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and in other civilised nations throughout the world."

I'm half British and have many relatives in the London area, so I worry about them but I also understand where the anger against Bush and Blair is coming from. However violence against civilians is counter-productive - (for example there could have been anti-war activists and people who voted against Blair on the subways and bus) and will only generate a harsher response against all Arabs and Muslims.

Definition of terrorism "Violence against civilians." The new method of war - state terrorism against civilians such as in Iraq and Palestine; other terrorism against civilians such as in the US, London.

Susan

BOYCOTT CANWEST GLOBAL HOLDINGS, NATIONAL POST, ASPER HOLDINGS