Explaining human suffering and why Allaah does not prevent it

Question:

How do we explain God to someone who believes that while God exists, they
cannot accept or understand how a merciful, comapssionate God would allow so
much human suffering to take place. The analogy they give is that if we are
God's children, why does God not protect us — just as a parent would gaurd over
their children?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah (God) Almighty, is most merciful and compassionate, without any doubt.
Yet his actions can not be fully comprehended by our incompetent minds. What
simplifies this issue is that we all agree that Allaah is fair, just, wise and
knowing. That means whatever he-Almighty- does, is with a legitimate purpose
although we may not be able to understand, just why. For example, a caring and
loving doctor and father may be forced to amputate the leg of his only son.
There is no doubt that this father loves his son. Yet his action was for the
sake of this beloved son, although it may seem cruel to those who do not
understand the circumstances. Allah _Almighty _ has the greater and higher
example, and it is not to any of his creatures to question his doings as it is
mentioned in Sura 21 verse 23 (interpreted means: "He cannot be questioned for
His acts, but they will be questioned (for theirs)".

It is a Muslim's belief that suffering of pain, hunger, tragic accidents etc,
are due to one's sins, for Allaah wants this suffering to erase these sins
which were made by this Muslim. Allaah says in Sura 42 verse 30 interpreted
means: "Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands
have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness". It is also
apparent that man in times of crisis gets closer to Allaah and starts
repenting, while in times of ease and comfort he is far from remembering the
blessings of Allaah and he uses these gifts and blessings in committing sin
after sin.

Allaah -Almighty- has shown man the path of good and evil, and he gave him the
power and will to choose. Therefore, man is accountable to his deeds and the
punishment he receives for them, for life in this world is merely a test, but
the results are to be known in the hereafter and Allaah knows best.

Go to http://www.islammuslims.com/islam-qa/Volume_2/Chapter_1.htm#_RWTOC-38 for
Reference and more questions and answers.

---
Deliver your message (invitation to Islam, etc.) to a wider audience ... At No
Cost To You. Go to http://traffichurricane.com/muhammad for details!

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links