Qadianis seek help from and shelter under Al-Azhar's Fatwa to prove that they should not be called Kaafirs but deliberately dishonestly suppress and withhold the truth proves them damn liars and do not refer to Al-Azhar's Fatwa declaring them Kaafirs which is reproduced below and Al-Azhar's  authority is more than mine and theirs to judge.

Fatwa is based on the Holy Quran, the Sunnah (utterances and actions of the Holy Prophet – (Allah’s peace on him of Islam) and Ijma (consensus of opinion among Muslims). These factors form the basis of Shariah, the Law of Islam.

Fatwa (Verdict by Islamic scholars) regarding the doctrine of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed of Qadian.

FATWA BY AL-AZHAR CAIRO

Fatwa issued by the Fatwa Department of the Al-Azhar University, Cairo in reply to the questions by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry . It was asked to give its opinion on:

1. The Ahmedi sect according to the true teachings of Islam

2. Mosques built by certain doubtful sects, for example, the Ahmedi sect of Pakistan who established mosques for Muslims to pray.

3. A request by the Ahmedi sect for financial help to set up a mosque in Amsterdam, Holland.

The Fatwa Department answered as follows:

“The Fatwa Department of Al-Azhar is quite aware of the beliefs of the Ahmadiyya sect whose views are that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed imagined himself to be a Messenger of Allah (see Khutba II-Haamiya). He says: ‘Do you not see that I am (a Messenger from Allah) then you reject me. What is the matter with you, O, ye rejecters?’ Further he says: ‘You see how people are being converted to Christianity and how they become apostates from the religion of Allah then still you say that there had not now come a Messenger from Allah. What is wrong with you? How do ye judge?’ In another place he states (regarding himself): ‘Then Allah showered bounty on this UMMAT (the Ummat of Islam) by sending the like of Jesus. Will anyone except the blind then reject him?’ In another place he says: ‘Jesus was a sign to the children of Israel, and I am a sign to you, O, ye extravagant ones.!

“Similarly, other statements are also to be found in other writings of this sect, e.g. in a circular issued by one of their  leaders, which had been translated into Arabic by Syed Abdul Majeed and printed  in Egypt. In it we find: ‘ It is impossible that the coming of Divine revelation should be closed in the face of men.’

“In that same circular we also find: “The Mahdi and the Promised Messiah had both appeared in India in a place called Qadian. And thousands and thousands of his followers and apostles are to be found hearing Divine revelation’. We know also that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed himself imagined that he was recipient of Divine revelation and that it was revealed to him that: ‘I make you an Imaam over men. Such men shall assist you unto whom shall come Divine revelation.’

                                                Qadianis and Ahmedi Kaafirs not to be supported

“There are many tracts to be mentioned, all of which are undoubtable signs of clear Kufr (disbelief), exit from the religion of Allah and having gone stray (from the right path).

“From the foregoing and other tracts the Fatwa Department has become aware of the fact that the Ahmadiyya sect (a sect which is a branch of the math-hab of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and Mirza’s sect, the Qadianis are both Baatil sects, contrary in their beliefs and iebaadaaat to the beliefs and iebaadaaat of the true Muslims. This is chiefly because they claim that their leaders are the recipients of Divine revelation and that there are prophets and messengers among them, to whom Allah speaks in the way that He speaks to the prophets. This contradicts the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of our Holy Prophet –Allah’s peace on him. Therefore with these views they reject the verse: “Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets; and God has full knowledge of all things.

“They also reject the tradition of the Holy Prophet (Allah’s peace on him) which is reported by  Abu Huraira in Sahih Bukhari: ‘And verily there shall be no prophet after me.

“Their belief is also against what the Prophet (Allah’s peace on him) said according to Abu Huraira as reported in Sahih Bukhari: ‘The parable of the other prophets and myself is that of a man who built a mansion excellently and beautiful . Only one place was left for one more brick. People walking round the mansion to admire it inquired: ‘Why was not this one brick put in?’ Now I am the Seal (last) of the prophets.

“In Sahih Muslim it is reported from Jaabir: ‘I am in the place of that brick. I have come and the ring of prophets was completed.’ Apart from this there are many other authoritative reports to the effect that the Nubuwwat  (prophethood) had come to a close with the coming and advent of our Holy Prophet Muhammad (Allah’s blessings on him.)

“This is the general consensus of opinion (Ijma) among Muslims and belief in it has become one of the necessities of faith in Islam. Whosoever rejects it becomes a Kaafir—outside the pale of Islam.

                                                                                Compulsory to reject

“Thus, as for this sect, it is not permissible to assist them in any way – neither for the erection of a mosque nor for any other project. This is because their mosques are not founded except for the purpose of leading astray and swaying from the right path. They only erect their mosques in order to prey upon the ignorance of the youth who are unaware of their subtle methods, and lure them to their faith. Through these mosques they draw true Muslims and their innocent children into the dangers of their condemned beliefs while injecting into them the poison which cause them to swerve from the Siraatal  Mustaqeem, the path of Allah, the All –Powerful, the Praised.

“On the contrary, it is compulsory for each and every Muslim all over the world, to boycott them economically, financially and socially and “tread upon the necks” of all misleading sects like these until they are forced into submission or perish and die out. With them should be done as was done with Haarith bin Saeed (who made similar claims as Mirza) during the reign of Abdul Malik bin Merwan. Certain people were deceived  by his claims and followed him until he was hunted down and fell into the hands of Abdul Malik who killed him. Today there is no sign of this sect left on the earth.

“In the same way there arose during the early period of the Abbasids one called Ishaq bin Ag-ras with his extravagant claims. A certain group of people followed him, too. He, too was killed and in that way the fitnah started by him was stopped.

“The mosques of these Ahmadis are like the mosque which was built by the hypocrites (for evil purposes) during the time of the Holy Prophet (Allah’s blessings on him). Their aim in actual fact was to divide the Muslims and mislead them. Allah thus prohibited the Holy Prophet (Allah’s blessings on him) from saying the prayers in them, clarified their intentions to him:

                “And there are those who put up a mosque by way of mischief and

                 infidelity—to disunite the believers and in preparation for one

                 who warred against Allah and His Apostle aforetime. They will

               indeed swear that their intentions are nothing but good; but Allah

                doth declare that they are certainly liars.

                “Never stand thou forth therein. There is a mosque whose foundation

                was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of thy standing

                forth  (for prayer) therein”.                   —Surah Toubah, 9-V. 107—108.

                                                                                                Shariat

“Inspite of the fact that a Muslim is allowed to say his prayer in any clean spot anywhere on the earth, as a result of the Hadith: ‘the whole earth has been made a mosque and clean for me’, it is not permissible to say prayers in the mosques of sects like these. The reason for this is that these people take their mosques as a means towards spreading, expounding and popularizing the beliefs of their sect. Moreover (should we say our prayers there) we are in fact exposing our children and the general public to the dangers of their poison and the dangerous evil of accepting their math-hab. What an evil and corruption that will be.  The law of Shariat is that one should rather ward off and avoid evil and corruption than to try afterwards to mend and repair that which had been corrupted and damaged.

SOURCE: Reproduced from QADIANISM: An Anti Islamic Conspiracy Page 21-23 of AWAKE TO THE CALL OF ISLAM Rabi-ulAwwal 1405 – Vol 4 No 1- December 1984 - A Half Yearly  Publication of Young Men’s Muslim Association P.O. Box  5036, Benoni South 1502 (Republic of South Africa)

ABDUL WAHID OSMAN BELAL