Assalamu aleikum.

-
Making matters worse, at least 100,000 people in the city lack the
transportation to get out of town. Nagin said the Superdome might be
used as a shelter of last resort for people who have no cars, with
city bus pick-up points around New Orleans. "I know they're saying
'Get out of town,' but I don't have any way to get out," said Hattie
Johns, 74. "If you don't have no money, you can't go." Owners of gas
stations in and around New Orleans were forced to direct traffic as
lines to the pumps stretched down surrounding streets. Gas stations
were running low on gas by midafternoon Saturday
-

The slow-moving hurricane is moving forward at 7 mph. It is not
expected in New Orleans until Monday. So during the next 24 hours does
the Antichrist of our age not have an air force at his command with
plentiful numbers of C5A Galaxy troop transport jets with the capacity
to transport a mere 100,000 people? If not, where are they? Iraq? Does
Dajjal Bush lack the capacity to bring thousands of military busses or
the ability to commandeer private ones? After any football or baseball
game, a stadium with 100,000 can be emptied and transported in a
matter of a few hours. What is Bush waiting for? For the poor to be
deposited in the Superdome?

If those 100,000 New Orleans poor are in fact concentrated in the
Superdome and disaster then strikes, it will be the single biggest
massacre of the poor since the real-life Vlad the Impaler (the Count
Dracula of fiction) invited the poor men, women and children of his
land (Transylvania) to dine in a building - and then set the building
on fire to murder them all.

And that would all be in typical character for the Dajjal Bush, who
bicycled around his ranch in the days following last December's Asian
tsunami disaster.

May Allah (S.W.T.) protect the poor of New Orleans from being wiped
out by the impending hurricane Katrina - because for sure, Bush isn't.

---

Louisianans Told: Head for Higher Ground
By MARY FOSTER
Associated Press
August 27, 2005
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050827/D8C8F0HG0.html

-
photos:

Brandon Manzell, top, and Greg Geniusz board up the windows of the New
Orleans Glass Works and Printmaking Studio in preparation for the
arrival of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005.
(AP Photo/Bill Haber)
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/TROPICAL_WEATHER.sff_LAWH101_20050827162027.jpg

Automobiles move through a flooded road Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005, in
Homestead, Fla. Hurricane Katrina threatened to strike land again as
early as Monday after ripping across southern Florida and killing
seven people. (AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez)
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/TROPICAL_WEATHER.sff_FLLA107_20050827182607.jpg

Florida Army National Guard members distribute ice and water to
Miami-Dade county residents at the Metro Zoo, Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005,
in Miami. Hurricane Katrina threatened to strike land again as early
as Monday after ripping across southern Florida and killing seven
people. (AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez)
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/TROPICAL_WEATHER.sff_FLLA105_20050827180955.jpg

After waiting in a long line, Danny Lawless fuels up his car in New
Orleans in preparation for Hurricane Katrina, Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005.
(AP Photo/Cheryl Gerber)
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/TROPICAL_WEATHER.sff_LACG109_20050827170512.jpg

Ron Julian boards up his antique store, Robinson's Antiques, on Royal
Street in New Orleans in preparation for Hurricane Katrina, Saturday,
Aug. 27, 2005. (AP Photo/Cheryl Gerber)
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/TROPICAL_WEATHER.sff_LACG101_20050827165834.jpg
-

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Coastal residents jammed freeways and gas stations
Saturday as they rushed to get out of the way of Hurricane Katrina, a
vicious storm that is threatening to gain even more strength and make
a direct hit on the New Orleans area.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a test. This is the real deal," New
Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin said at a news conference. "Board up your
homes, make sure you have enough medicine, make sure the car has
enough gas. Do all things you normally do for a hurricane but treat
this one differently because it is pointed towards New Orleans."

Katrina was a Category 3 storm with 115 mph sustained wind Saturday,
but the National Hurricane Center said it was likely to gain force
over the Gulf of Mexico, where the surface water temperature was as
high as 90 degrees - high-octane fuel for hurricanes. It could become
a Category 4 monster with wind of at least 131 mph before reaching
land early Monday.

The storm formed in the Bahamas and ripped across South Florida on
Thursday, causing seven deaths, before moving into the Gulf of Mexico.

A hurricane watch extended from Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle,
and large-scale evacuations were under way Saturday along the coast.

"At this juncture, all we can do is pray it doesn't come this way and
tear us up," said Jeannette Ruboyianes, owner of the Day Dream Inn at
Grand Isle, Louisiana's only inhabited barrier island.

Katrina could be especially devastating if it strikes New Orleans
because the city sits below sea level and is dependent on levees and
pumps to keep the water out. A direct hit could wind up submerging the
city in several feet of water.

Making matters worse, at least 100,000 people in the city lack the
transportation to get out of town. Nagin said the Superdome might be
used as a shelter of last resort for people who have no cars, with
city bus pick-up points around New Orleans.

"I know they're saying 'Get out of town,' but I don't have any way to
get out," said Hattie Johns, 74. "If you don't have no money, you
can't go."

Owners of gas stations in and around New Orleans were forced to direct
traffic as lines to the pumps stretched down surrounding streets. Gas
stations were running low on gas by midafternoon Saturday

"I was in line at the bank for an hour and have been waiting for gas
for 30 minutes," said John Sullivan. "If it's anything like they say
its going to be, we don't want to be anywhere close to the city."

Louisiana and Mississippi made all lanes northbound on interstate
highways. Mississippi declared a state of emergency and Alabama
offered assistance to its neighbors. Some motels as far inland as
Jackson, Miss., 150 miles north of New Orleans, were already booked up.

By 5 p.m. EDT Saturday, the eye of the hurricane was about 380 miles
southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River and about 240 miles
west of Key West, Fla. It was moving west at nearly 7 mph, the
hurricane center said.

"We know that we're going to take the brunt of it," Louisiana Gov.
Kathleen Blanco said. "It does not bode well for southeastern Louisiana."

Some tourists heeded the warnings and moved up their departures, and
lines of tourists waited for cabs on New Orleans' famed Bourbon Street.

"The problem is getting a taxi to the airport. There aren't any," said
Brian Katz, a salesman from New York.

Others tried leaving but couldn't get a flight.

"We tried to move it up, but they told us they were all booked up,"
said Terry Evans of Cleveland, whose flight was supposed to leave
Monday morning. "We may end up sleeping at the airport."

New Orleans' worst hurricane disaster happened 40 years ago, when
Hurricane Betsy blasted the Gulf Coast. Flood waters approached 20
feet in some areas, fishing villages were flattened, and the storm
surge left almost half of New Orleans under water and 60,000 residents
homeless. Seventy-four people died in Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida.

Katrina was a Category 1 storm with 80 mph wind when it hit South
Florida on Thursday, and rainfall was estimated at up to 20 inches.
Risk modeling companies have said early estimates of insured damage
range from $600 million to $2 billion.

South Florida utility crews were still working Saturday to restore
power to 733,000 customers, down from more than 1 million. Residents
waited in lines that stretched for miles to reach state-operated
centers distributing free water and ice for those without electricity.

Florida has been hit by six hurricanes since last August.

Katrina is the 11th named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season,
which began June 1. That's seven more than typically have formed by
now in the Atlantic, Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico, the hurricane
center said. The season ends Nov. 30.

---

On the Net:

National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050827/D8C8F0HG0.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links