Asallama Alaikum my dear brother in Islam,
What do you mean something is wrong with CAIR?Even though I greatly
despise what's being done to our beloved Rasool,but that's no reason
to incite hatred and enmity between nations.World peace is something
that each and everyone of us wants and we should strive to achieve
it.If the enemy slaps us on one cheek we turn the other cheek and
pardon them.That's what's implyed by the saying of Prophet Muhammad
when he said,"How wonderful is the case of the
believer;verily,everything is good for him,and this is not the case
with anyone except a believer.If prosperity attends him,he expresses
gratitude to Allah and that is good for him;and if adversity befalls
him,he endures it patiently and that is better for him."(Muslim)and
when Allah's messenger(.s.w.t)says,"Anyone for whom Allah intends
good,he makes him suffer some affliction."(Al-Bukhari)From these
hadiths we derive that the Muslim must be patient and endure
hardship.The Sahabah ridwanillahi Alayhim experienced more troubles
then this so did the past nations.In a Sahih hadith Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh)distributed wealth one day.A bedouin said,"This division was
not intended for Allah's face."This remark reached Allah's apostle
(pbuh).With his face becoming red he said:"May Allah have mercy on
my brother Musa;he suffered more then this yet he was
patient,"(Agreed Upon) and in another hadith:On the authority of
Khabbab bin Al-Aratt(R);said:"We complained to Allah's Messenger
(pbuh)about the persecution inflicted upon us by the disbelievers
while he was lying in the shade of the Ka'bah,having made a pillow
of his cloak.We submitted:"Why do you not supplicate for our
prevalence(over the opponents)?"He(pbuh)replied:"Among those people
before you,a man would be seized and held in a pit for him in the
earth.He would be sawed into two halves from his head,and his flesh
torn away from his bones with an iron comb.However,in spite of
this,he would not wean from his faith,"(Sahih Bukhari).So if the
Salaf were tortured severly and the past nations as well,and apart
from all the distress the encountered they still stayed forbearing
and patient.If we're patient and rely solely on Allah(S.W.T) victory
will be attained by the Muslimeen.Insh'Allah--- In
islamcity@yahoogroups.com, "Islahonline" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Something is definitely wrong with CAIR. It does not deserve my
comment and time.

Contest

> CAIR CONDEMNS IRANIAN HOLOCAUST CARTOON CONTEST
>
> (WASHINGTON, D.C., 2/8/06) - The Council on American-Islamic
Relations today condemned a plan by an Iranian newspaper to solicit
cartoons denying the Nazi Holocaust.

> Iran's Hamshahri newspaper says the contest is in reaction to the
publication in Europe of cartoons mocking Islam's Prophet Muhammad.
The controversy over those cartoon sparked worldwide protests.

> In a statement, CAIR said:
>
> "Now is the time for responsible people of all faiths to avoid
inflammatory actions that are clearly designed to incite hatred. We
call on Hamshahri newspaper to drop its plans to denigrate the
immense suffering caused by the Nazi Holocaust and urge the Iranian
government to repudiate such an insensitive proposal.

> "The Quran, Islam's revealed text, states: 'Goodness and evil
cannot be equal.
> Repel (evil) with something that is better. Then you will see that
he with whom you had enmity will become your close friend. And no
one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience
and self-restraint.' (41:34-35)

> "The Holocaust, like all other acts of genocide, represents one of
the lowest moments in human history and should not be the subject of
derogatory cartoons. One cannot demand responsible behavior from
others while at the same time acting irresponsibly."

> Previously, CAIR and other American Muslim groups rejected the use
of violence in response to the defamatory caricatures of the Prophet
Muhammad published in European newspapers.

> In reaction to the cartoon controversy, CAIR officials met with
the Norwegian and Danish ambassadors to express the Muslim
community's concerns about the caricatures and urged American
Muslims to educate others about the legacy of the Prophet Muhammad.

> CAIR, America's largest Muslim civil liberties group, has 31
offices and chapters nationwide and in Canada. Its mission is to
enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil
liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that
promote justice and mutual understanding.

> CONTACT: Ibrahim Hooper, 202-488-8787 or 202-744-7726, E-Mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; Rabiah Ahmed, 202-488-8787 or 202-439-1441, E-Mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links