Rights of fellowmen on the day of
            judgement

Ayesha Siddiqa narrated that, once, a person came in
the august presence of the Apostle of God and sat in
front of him. He, then, said, “I have some slaves
[whose condition is that sometimes] they tell me a lie
or steal my property or disobey me, and I [on such
occasions] scold them and, sometimes, I also punish
them. How is it going to turn out for me on the Day of
Final Judgement [i.e., how is God going to judge
between me and the slaves]?” The Prophet replied, “God
will dispense justice correctly on the Day of
Requital. If the punishment you mete out to them is
proportionate to their faults, you will neither get
nor have to give anything. You will be quits. If the
punishment turns out to be of a lesser degree than
what they merited, you will be recompensed for it. If
the punishment proves to be excessive, you will have
to recompense the slaves.” On hearing the Prophet’s
reply, the enquirer drew aside and began to cry. The
Prophet, thereupon, said to him, “Have you not heard
the Quranic verse:
“We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of
Judgement, so that not a soul will be dealt with
unjustly in the least. And if there be [no more than]
the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it [to
account] and enough are We to take account.”

The man said, “Then, O Prophet of God, the best thing
for me is to send them away [in the name of God]. I
declare before you that I have set them free, and now
they are free-men.”

       -Tirmidhi
Commentary.-Such is the resplendent beauty of Faith
and this is what is expected of truthful Believers.
When they fear the loss of the Hereafter in anything
they should give it up immediately however
disadvantageous it may appear from the worldly point
of view.