ROVE REACTIVATES THE FEAR MACHINE

Rove Reactivates the Fear Machine
A BUZZFLASH NEWS ANALYSIS
Buzzflash
June 23, 2006
http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/06/06/ana06047.html

BuzzFlash is not saying that there wasn't a plot against the Sears
Tower, but it was awfully curious timing for a "raid," wasn't it?
After all, the Dems had just finished making their first somewhat
united effort to initiate a troop withdrawal from Iraq (just
disagreeing over the timetable -- with only a few renegades, like GOP
Joe Lieberman). It reminds us of the old days when Tommy Thompson
rolled out a color coded terror alert whenever the Bush Administration
experienced a dip in the polls.

You see, the essence of the Bush Administration efforts to continue
waging a lost war is to tie it to terrorism (even though they created
a death trap for our soldiers by starting the war.) Cheney was just on
CNN once again tying Iraq directly to the "War on Terrorism."

And then there were White House lapdogs Santorum and Hoekstra claiming
that pre-1991 no longer useful chemical weapons -- that were the type
used by Saddam against Iran with a green light from the Reagan
Administration -- were the WMDs the Bush Administration started the
War about. It was a ludicrous claim quickly debunked by the Pentagon
and even White House staffers.

But, of course, the Santorum/Hoekstra assertion was initiated by the
White House.

Say what?

Actually, it's quite easy to explain. This is Rovian cynicism and mass
media manipulation at its essence. Put a false claim out there through
any means possible, then quietly debunk the assertion. The false claim
gets picked up and conveyed with alarm by the likes of Rush Limbaugh,
FOX News and even the rest of the mainstream press. Meanwhile, the
disproof of the false assertion gets left behind in the crowd, like a
milk carton that is trampled in a feverish rush of people who are
running from the boogeyman.

It's a masterful stroke of demagoguery that has worked ever since 9/11
for the Bush/Cheney regime. It is totalitarian and evil, but it
generally works, doesn't it?

Do you think the people in Omaha know the truth? Heck, a recent poll
revealed that more than 80% of our soldiers in Iraq think that Saddam
was tied to 9/11! That's how effective propaganda can be.

So maybe there were some people in Miami vaguely talking about doing
something evil to the Sears Tower. (And BuzzFlash would be concerned
about this, since we are located just a few blocks from the Sears
building.) But the dramatic arrests on the evening of the Senate
debate, after the Rovian message point of the day was that if we leave
Iraq, it will embolden terrorists -- well, that's just a little too
coincidental, isn't it?

But, they will sure lap it up in Topeka, won't they?

And Rush and FOX News and the mainstream press will have at least a
four-day window of news opportunities, as Rove strategically leaks a
new detail a day about the raid.

And then, the masses will once again seek the "bold" leadership of
George W. Bush to protect them from the terrorists.

It works like a charm, doesn't it?

Except that the Bush Administration is creating scores more terrorists
every day in Iraq than it allegedly arrested in Miami.

The White House policy in Iraq is the biggest terrorist threat to
America on the table.

We forget that at great risk to our lives and national security.

A BUZZFLASH NEWS ANALYSIS

http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/06/06/ana06047.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy
Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

Recommended:
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links