A Foreign Policy Built on Do-Overs: THOMAS FRIEDMAN ; Dems move to limit
Bush's authority
 by THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Friday Feb 23rd, 2007 5:30 AM

 FRIEDMAN: When the inside history of the Bush team is written, we will
discover that it has been one of the most internally divided administrations —
ever.

 THE COMPLETE ARTICLE AND MORE

  --> OP-ED COLUMNIST
 A Foreign Policy Built on Do-Overs
 By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
 Published: February 23, 2007

 Watching the Bush team wrestle with Iran, North Korea and Iraq reminds me of
something that used to be said of the Reagan administration: The right hand
never knew what the far right hand was doing.

 In fact, my bet is that when the inside history of the Bush team is written,
we will discover that, contrary to its carefully managed image of a disciplined
core operating from consistent, conservative principles, it has actually been
one of the most internally divided administrations — ever.

 ***

 “Resolving the contradiction in Washington will sharpen the contradiction in
Tehran,” Mr. Litwak argued. “Taking regime change off the table in America will
put behavior change on the table in Iran.”

 I guess we should be thankful that Mr. Bush is trying to fix some of his
mistakes, but we have paid a huge, unnecessary price for his learning curve.
Which is why it’s always best to get it right the first time. The best golfers
never take mulligans, and the best presidents never need them.

 --MORE--

http://mparent7777.blogspot.com/2007/02/foreign-policy-built-on-do-overs-thomas.html

 Labels: Bush Administration, congress Iraq, Iran, North Korea, The New York
Times, THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN, US foreign policy, war

 Democrats move to limit Bush's authority

http://mparent7777.blogspot.com/2007/02/democrats-move-to-limit-bushs-authority.html

 KICK GEORGE BUSH'S A**
 http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/02/kick-george-bushs-ass.html

 'Israel resembles an apartheid state': U.N. report

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/02/israel-resembles-apartheid-state-un.html

 Would Pace attack Iran if Bush ordered it?

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/02/would-pace-attack-iran-if-bush-ordered.html

 And More
 http://mparent7777.blogspot.com/
 http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/

Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger with
Voice