The  Importance of Darfur to the Jewish Community
      Joachim  Martillo - thorsprovoni@ aol.com
       Statement given at the Massachusetts State House  3/29/2007 where all
the major Jewish lobbies  combined forces to press for "divestment" from Sudan.
      The great rabbi  philosopher of the Middle Ages, Moses Maimonides came up
with a general  principal that can help to explain the Jewish Community
Relations  Committee and their friends’ approach to Darfur. It begins:
      Ani maamin beemunah  shlemah  -- I believe with complete faith --
shehakadosh  borukh hu matzui umashgiah -- that the holy one blessed be he is
the creator and ruler of the world.
      Today we can add a new  conclusion.
      Ani maamin beemunah  shlemah shegizanim menassim likhzov et beit
hamhokakim hazeh.
      I believe with complete  faith that racists are trying to deceive this
legislature.
      How can we explain the  JCRC’s approach to Darfur? Here are the basics
of  the issue.
      In Darfur practically everyone is  a black African Muslim.  The
population is divided between nomads and  settled farmers. Since at least 1987
when there was a crop failure in Darfur, the Sudan Liberation  Army organized
the settled farmers to attempt to overthrow the Central Sudanese  government.
The other rebel group is the Justice and Equality Movement,  which is allied
with Hassan al-Turabi. The ruler of Sudan is Omar  al-Bashir.  His allies are
generally called Arabs as a political statement  even if they are black
Africans as is the case in Darfur. He has been  cooperating with the US in the
War on Terror.
      Darfur is the site of a  very messy civil war.  It is somewhat similar to
the disaster that  the US has caused in Iraq except that America is less
directly involved,  and the US has caused far more death and displacement of
population in  Iraq in four years than has occurred in Darfur in 20 years. But
the JCRC wants  to close the gap and show the world that America can kill just
as many  Africans as we can kill Middle Easterners. More.
      The JCRC and all the  major Israel advocacy groups  supported an economic
boycott of Iraq that spanned over a  decade, which prohibited Iraqis from
importing chlorine to purify their  drinking water, as a result of which over
two million people died, the vast  majority of whom were children under the age
of five. It is very important that  despite the tricky wording of the “Save
Darfur” position, a vote for  divestment is a vote for genocide; and it will
be a genocide that we caused.
      Right now we are seeing in Darfur a phase that looks  something like
Sherman's March through Georgia during the Civil  War. Was the Union
undertaking genocide of white southerners? No.
      Should the UK have undertaken an  economic boycott of the Union? No.
      Groups of Americans  feign to care about Darfur, but America is the
mainstay  of the State of Israel, which is founded by Eastern Europeans, who
committed a pre-planned  genocide of  the native population of Palestine with
the justification  that there is a linguistic relationship between the word Jew
and the word Judea. These people had  no historical roots in Palestine.
      By the same  logic after the potato famines the Irish who are mostly
Roman Catholic  would have had the right to steal Rome and genocide the  native
population because the word "Roman" in "Roman  Catholic" is a derivative of the
word "Rome."
      Despite the fact that  American values of equality of citizenship and
property rights are not being  held dear in Israel, the JCRC intimidated  the
local governments of Massachussetts that they better not try to stop the
genocide against the Palestinian people. Then, as a distraction from the crimes
 the JCRC and friends support and pay for with our money, they invented this
Darfur strategy to isolate and  deliberately increase the starvation of the
African population.
      So what motivates the  Jewish Community Relations Council and other
groups within the organized Jewish  community to make such an effort on Darfur?
      Are they concerned about  the lives and human rights of Muslim Africans?
      The Jewish Community  Relations Council works hand in hand with racist
extremist Israel advocates at The David  Project in an attempt to deprive local
Muslim Americans of their fundamental  constitutional rights as American
citizens to assemble and to worship freely at  the new Mosque that is being
built at Roxbury crossing. This conspiracy to  "sanction" the mosque is a
deliberate and decisive measure to  hurt the economy in the black area of
Boston. The organized Jewish  community is saying, "Blacks don't have the right
to political  respect. We will not allow Muslims or Africans to participate in
the economy.  Not in America, and not in Africa.”
      If this legislature really is sincere in caring about the  lives and
rights of Muslims and black people in general, it should be  undertaking an
investigation of criminal racist conspiracy that The David  Project has
organized against their fellow Muslim American citizens, and it  should support
divestment from the State of Israel, not Sudan.  As proof of how little the
JCRC cares about Africans, it should be loudly noted  that they have spent all
their effort to politicize the discussion of events in  Sudan in a way that
benefits only themselves, and have not sent any money to  feed a single hungry
Darfurian child, nor have any doctors from Brookline gone  to Sudan to
volunteer.
      Darfur divestment is a complete  red herring that a segment of the Jewish
community has cooked up to distract  from the ongoing crimes against humanity
of the State of Israel using our public funds. Israel  advocacy organizations
care more about the State of Israel than they do  either about the USA  or
about the people of Darfur. If this legislature obeys  the JCRC and friends,
they will be fulfilling the worse anti-Semitic  stereotypes that exist today.
The majority of American Jews and Americans in  general are against US
involvement in ANY more foreign wars. So I conclude,
      Ani maamin beemunah  shlemah shegizanim menassim likhzov et beit
hamhokakim hazeh.
      I believe with complete  faith that racists are trying to deceive this
legislature

 New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more
at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.