All praises and thanks be to Allah, Lord of everything that exists.The most
Gracious, the Most Merciful.Master of the Day of Judgment You (alone) we
worship, and You (alone) we ask for help.Guide us to the Straight Way The Way
of of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who
earned Your Anger, nor those who went astray. Ameen

  Oh ALLAH Increase me In Knowledge(Ameen)

  The Blessed Days of Dhul-Hijjah

    The month of Dhul-Hijjah is a season of worship, and seasons of worship
bring along blessings, benefits and opportunities to correct one's faith and
make up for shortcoming. Every one of these special opportunities involves some
kind of worship, which brings the slave closer to his Lord. And Allah bestows
His blessings and Favors on whom He wills. The fortunate person is he who makes
good use of these special months, days, and hours, while worshiping Allah. He
is most likely to be touched by the blessings of Allah. [Ibn Rajab, al-Lataa'if
pp. 8]

  The first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah are marked blessed for both, the pilgrims
and the non-pilgrims. Rewards of good deeds are multiplied in these days. Imaam
Ibn Qayyim (rahimahullah) (d. 751H) said: “Indeed, its days are the most
excellent of all the days with Allah. It has been confirmed in Saheeh
al-Bukharee from Ibn Abbas (radhi allahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah
(sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “No deed are more virtuous than deeds on
these days.” The companions asked: 'Not even Jihad (fighting in Allah's
Cause)?' He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) replied: “Not even Jihad for the sake
of Allah, unless a man goes out risking himself and his wealth for the sake of
Allah, and does not come back with anything.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee vol: 2, no:
457]

  Yawm al-Arafat: The 9th day of Dhul-Hijjah is the day of Arafat. It is this
day when the pilgrims gather on the mountain plain of Arafat, praying and
supplicating to their Lord.

  The day of Arafat holds great importance in Islam since this is the Day when
Allah completed his revelation on His Messenger (sallahu alaihe wa-sallam). It
is reported in the Saheehayn (i.e. Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim), from
Umar Ibn al-Khattab (radhi allahu anhu) that a Jewish man said to him: “O Ameer
al-Mumineen (O head of the Muslims)! There is a verse in the Qur'aan, which if
was revealed on us, the Jews, we would have taken that day as an Eid
(festival).” Umar asked: “Which verse?” He said: “This day I have perfected
your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you
Islam as your religion.” [Soorah al-Maidah (5): 3]

  Arafat is the day on which Allah took the covenant from the progeny of Adam
(alaihis-salaam) , it was reported that Ibn Abbas (radhi allahu anhu) narrated:
“The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) related: “(When Allah
created Adam (alaihis-salaam) Allah took covenant from him in a place Na'maan
on the day of Arafat, then He extracted from him all the descendants who would
be born until the end of the world, generation after generation, and spread
them out in front of Him in order to take a covenant from them also. He spoke
to them face to face saying: “Am I not your Lord?” and they all replied: “Yes,
we testify to it.” Allah then explained why He had all of mankind bear witness
that He was their Creator and only true God worthy of worship. He said: “That
was in case you (mankind) should say on the Day of Resurrection, 'Surely, we
were unaware of this. We had no idea that You, Allah, were our Lord. No one
told us that we were only supposed to worship You.” …”
 [(Saheeh) by Shaikh al-Albanee in Silsilah al-Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah vol: 4,
no: 1623]

    Yawm an-Nahr: The tenth day of Dhul-Hijjah is the greatest day of Hajj. It
is known as Yawm an-Nahr (the day of Sacrifice), since it marks the ending of
the major rite of Hajj - the Sacrifice. And it is on this day that the Muslims
commemorate the bounties and blessings of Allah. It was recorded in a Hadeeth
by Imaam Ahmad (in his Musnad vol: 4, no: 350) that the day of Nahr is the most
virtuous day to Allah. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)
said: “The greatest day of Hajj (Pilgrimage) is the Day of an-Nahr
(Slaughtering) .” [(Saheeh) by Shaikh al-Albanee in Irwa al-Ghaleel (no: 1101).
Abu Dawood no: 1945]

  Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728H) said: “The most excellent day of the week is
the day of Jumuah (Friday), by the agreement of the Scholars. And the most
excellent day of the year is the day of an-Nahr. Some of them said that it is
the day of Arafat. However, the first opinion is the correct one, since it is
related in the Sunan collections that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)
said: “The most excellent days with Allah is the day of an-Nahr, then the day
of al-Qarr (the day that the Muslims reside in Mina).” [(Saheeh) by Shaikh
al-Albanee in Irwa al-Ghaleel (no: 2018). Related by Abu Dawood no: 1765].”
[Majmoo al-Fatawa vol: 25, pp. 288]

  The day of An-Nahr is also known as 'Eid al-Adhaa' meaning the festival of
Sacrifice and it is one of the two festivals which Allah has granted to the
Ummah of Prophet (sallahu alaihe wa-sallam). Anas (radhi allahu anhu) narrated,
“Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) came to Medina and the people
of Medina in the days of Jahiliyyah had two days of play and amusement. So,
Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “I came to you and you
had in Jahiliyyah, two days of play and amusement. Allah has replaced something
better for you. The Day of an-Nahr and the day of al-Fitr.” [(Saheeh) by
Haafidh Ibn Hajr in Buloogh al-Maraam. Related by Musnad Ahmad vol: 3, no: 103]

  The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “The day of
al-Fitr, and the day of an-Nahr, and the days of at-Tashreeq (the three days
after an-Nahr) are our days of Eid (festivity); and they are days of eating and
drinking.” [(Saheeh) by Shaikh al-Albanee in Saheeh al-Jamee (no: 8192).
Related by Musnad Ahmad (no: 1945)]

  Glorifying Allah with Takbeer: (Takbeer al-Muqayyid) : From the day of Arafat
until the Asr prayer of the 13th day of Dhul-Hijjah, one should make Takbeer
after every obligatory Salaat. Ibn Abee Shaybah relates that Alee (radhi allahu
anhu) used to make the Takbeer beginning after the Fajr prayer on the day of
Arafat, until after the Asr prayer on the last day of at-Tashreeq.” [(Saheeh)
by Shaikh al-Albanee in al-Irwa. Related by Ibn Abee Shaybah in al-Musannaf]

    As regards to the actual wording of the Takbeers, then nothing authentic
has been related from the Messenger of Allah. However, the following have been
reported from the Sahabah:

  1. Ibn Mas'ood (radiyallahu anhuma): “Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, La ilaha
illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar wa lillahil-Hamd.” [(Saheeh) Irwaa
al-Ghaleel (650), Daraqutne, Ibn Shaibah] (Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the
Greatest, There is none worthy of worship except Allah. Allah is the Greatest,
Allah is the Greatest and to Allah belongs all praises)
  2. Ibn Abbas (radiyallahu anhuma): “Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
wa lillahil-Hamd; Allahu Akbar wa-ajal, Allahu akbaru ala mahadana.” [(saheeh)
- Bayhaqee (3/315)] (Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the
Greatest and to Allah belongs all praises. Allah is the Greatest to that which
He has guided us to)
  3. Salman (radhi allahu anhu) : “Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
kabeera.” [(saheeh) - Bayhaqee (3/316)] (Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the
Greatest, Allah is the Greatest) “Increase in these days you Tahlil, Takbeer
and Tamhid.” (Takbeer al-Mutlaq) “...And mention the name of Allah on the
appointed Days...” [Soorah al-Hajj (22): 28]

  Remember, deeds, which are less preferred are made superior and more beloved
to Allah in these days, than the superior deeds performed at other times!! This
is indicated in the Hadeeth where the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihe
wa-sallam) said regarding Jihad which is the most superior of all deeds to be
less superior than the voluntary fast in these days, except that the Mujahid,
“goes out risking himself and his wealth for the sake of Allah, and does not
come back with anything.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee]

   Hajj and Umrah are the best deeds performed in Dhul-Hijjah.
   Fasting as many days as possible, especially the day of Arafat, which is a
Sunnah. Fasting is one of the best of deeds. Allah chose fasting for Himself
from all the good deeds, as is stated in the Hadeeth Qudsee: “All the deeds of
the son of Adam are for him, except for fasting, which is for Me and I am the
One Who will reward him for it.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee (1085)]

   Takbeer al-Muqayyid: The Takbeer, which is restricted to the time after the
five obligatory Salaat. This begins from after Fajrprayer of the day of Arafat
(for the non-pilgrims) until the Asr prayer of the last day of Tashreeq.

   Takbeer al-Mutlaq: The unrestricted Takbeer; ‘Allahu Akbar’, at all times of
night and day until Eid al-Ahda.

   Perform plenty of Nafl (voluntary) prayers.

   Recite and Memorize the Qur'aan.

   Abstain from disobedience and sins, because disobedience is the cause of
Allah's Anger. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) said:
“Verily Allah has a sense of Ghayrah (honor, prestige and anger over it's
violation), and Allah's sense of Ghayrah is provoked when a person does that
which Allah has made prohibited.” [Saheeh Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim] Whereas,
obedience and abstaining from all those things, which Allah has prohibited, is
a form of worship and a means to achieve Allah's Love.

   Hasten to make Sincere Tawbah (Repentance) to Allah because repentance means
coming back to Allah. It is forgoing all those deed, which Allah dislikes in
open and in secret, out of regret for what has passed, abandoning them
immediately and being determined not to return to it again. When a Muslim
combines repentance with good deeds during the most virtuous days, this is a
sign of his success. Allah says: “But as for him who repented, believed and did
righteous deeds, then he will be among those who are successful.” [Soorah
al-Qasas (28): 67]
   Give Charity
   Attend Salaat al-Eid and the Khutbah.
   Slaughter Udhiyah (Sacrifice) on the day of Eid al-Adha is another good deed
which brings the slave closer to his Lord.
    There is much to be gained, so make the most of this these invaluable and
irreplaceable days.

  Keep Remember Me ,My Family , Our Country and all Muslim Ummah into your
Prayers.

  Minahil Ali