The Two Festivals (Eids)   Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 15 :: Hadith 69
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:
  Umar bought a silk cloak from the market, took it to Allah's Apostle and
said, "O Allah's Apostle! Take it and adorn yourself with it during the 'Id and
when the delegations visit you." Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) replied, "This dress
is for those who have no share (in the Hereafter)." After a long period Allah's
Apostle (p.b.u.h) sent to Umar a cloak of silk brocade. Umar came to Allah's
Apostle (p.b.u.h) with the cloak and said, "O Allah's Apostle! You said that
this dress was for those who had no share (in the Hereafter); yet you have sent
me this cloak." Allah's Apostle said to him, "Sell it and fulfill your needs by
it."
  The Two Festivals (Eids)   Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 15 :: Hadith 71
Narrated Al-Bara':
  I heard the Prophet (p.b.u.h) delivering a Khutba saying, "The first thing to
be done on this day (first day of 'Id ul Adha) is to pray; and after returning
from the prayer we slaughter our sacrifices (in the name of Allah) and whoever
does so, he acted according to our Sunna (traditions)."
  The Two Festivals (Eids)   Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 15 :: Hadith 73
Narrated Anas bin Malik,:
  Allah's Apostle never proceeded (for the prayer) on the Day of 'Id-ul-Fitr
unless he had eaten some dates. Anas also narrated: The Prophet used to eat odd
number of dates.
  Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 15 :: Hadith 75
  The Prophet delivered the Khutba after offering the prayer on the Day of Nahr
and said, "Whoever offers the prayer like us and slaughters like us then his
Nusuk (sacrifice) will be accepted by Allah. And whoever slaughters his
sacrifice before the 'Id prayer then he has not done the sacrifice." Abi Burda
bin Niyar, the uncle of Al-Bara' said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have slaughtered
my sheep before the 'Id prayer and I thought today as a day of eating and
drinking (not alcoholic drinks), and I liked that my sheep should be the first
to be slaughtered in my house. So slaughtered my sheep and took my food before
coming for the prayer." The Prophet said, "The sheep which you have slaughtered
is just mutton (not a Nusuk)." He (Abu Burda) said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have
a young she-goat which is dearer to me than two sheep. Will that be sufficient
as a Nusuk on my behalf? "The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Yes, it will be
sufficient for you but it will not be sufficient (as a Nusuk)
 for anyone else after you."
  Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 15 :: Hadith 98   Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
  The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to Nahr or slaughter sacrifices at the Musalla (on
'Id-ul-Adha).
  Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 15 :: Hadith 102   Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
  On the Day of 'Id the Prophet used to return (after offering the 'Id prayer)
through a way different from that by which he went.
  Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 15 :: Hadith 102   Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
  On the Day of 'Id the Prophet used to return (after offering the 'Id prayer)
through a way different from that by which he went.
  Malik :: Book 10 : Hadith 10.4.8   Yahya related to me from Malik from Damra
ibn Said al-Mazini from Ubaydullah ibn Abdullah ibn Utba ibn Masud that Umar
ibn al-Khattab asked Abu Waqid al-Laythi what the Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, used to recite in the prayers of Adha and Fitr.
He said, "He used to recite Qaf (Sura 50) and al-lnshiqaq (Sura84)."
  Dawud :: Book 15 : Hadith 2783   Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:
  The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I have been commanded to celebrate
festival ('Id) on the day of sacrifice, which Allah, Most High, has appointed
for this community. A man said: If I do not find except a she-goat or a
she-camel borrowed for milk or other benefits, should I sacrifice it? He said:
No, but you should clip your hair , and nails, trim your moustaches, and shave
your pubes. This is all your sacrifice in the eyes of Allah, Most High.
  Sacrifice (Kitab Al-Dahaya)   Dawud :: Book 15 : Hadith 2789   Narrated Jabir
ibn Abdullah:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) sacrificed two horned rams which were white
with black markings and had been castrated. When he made them face the qiblah,
he said: I have turned my face towards Him. Who created the heavens and the
earth, following Abraham's religion, the true in faith, and I am not one of the
polytheists. My prayer, and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death are
all for Allah, the Lord of the Universe, Who has no partner. That is what I was
commanded to do, and I am one of the Muslims. O Allah it comes from Thee and is
given to Thee from Muhammad and his people. In the name of Allah, and Allah is
Most Great. He then made sacrifice.