Campaigns : Imam Anwar Al Awlaki: Imam Anwar Al Awlaki Released From
Custody (Updated with Message from Anwar Al-Awlaki)

      25/12/2007
      Imam Anwar Al Awlaki Released From Custody (Updated with Message from
Anwar Al-Awlaki)

      Cageprisoners.com can confirm that Imam Anwar Al Awlaki was released from
prison on 12th December 2007, after almost a year and a half behind bars in
Yemen.

      Imam Anwar wrote, in an email to Cageprisoners

      "The time I spent in detention was a great blessing from Allah. They were
moments of contemplation and study which I was greatly in need of.
Alhamdulillah, Allah has blessed me during that time of solitude with
tranquility and peace to the extent that at most of the time I was preferring
detention over freedom. Now that I am free I ask Allah to enable me to thank
Him for his blessings.

      "I am greatly moved to know that many of my brothers and sisters have
been asking about my situation and praying for my release. I thank them all.
May Allah reward all of you with Paradise."

      We thank all of you who took action on his behalf and remembered him in
your prayers.

      If you would like to send Imam Anwar a message, please email us at [EMAIL
PROTECTED] and we will pass it on.

<<20071225162141.jpg>>