Abdul Wahid Osman Belal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008
20:06:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Abdul Wahid Osman Belal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Imam Mehdi and Dajjal by Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Courtesy:http://www.albalagh.net/qa/imam_mehdi.shtml

  Imam Mehdi and Dajjal
 By Mufti Ebrahim Desai

---------------------------------
     Q.) I have recently heard reports that the time of appearance of  either
Imam Mehdi or Dajjal will be approximately when there is a solar and  lunar
eclipse during a short space of time. Also that it will be when Ramadan  will
be more or less in the month of October. Having done research it was found
that the next time sucha cosmic event will take place is in November 2003. The
month of Ramadan will fall in October in that year also. Can you enlighten me
with any other knowledge that you may have on the appearance of either Imam
Mehdi or Dajjal and whether the facts stated above are accurate.  [Ashraf]
---------------------------------
  A.) We have not come across any  narration in which lunar or solar  eclipse
will occur when Ramadan falls in October.
 Nevertheless, the Hadith in which it is recorded that Imaam Mehdi will appear
when lunar and solar eclipse will occur in the month of Ramadan is not of a
sound nature. It is regarded weak according to some Muhadditheen. Even if we
had  to accept the Hadith, there is no guarantee that it refers to 2003. It can
also  refer to sometime in the future.
 No one can put a specific date on the coming of Imam Mehdi. All we can say is
that since many of the signs that have been foretold of his coming are apparent
 today, for example, rampant vice, his time has certainly drawn closer. Yet, no
 one can put a date to it.
 And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best
Courtesy:http://www.albalagh.net/qa/imam_mehdi.shtml

ABDUL WAHID OSMAN BELAL

Be a better friend, newshound, and  know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

ABDUL WAHID OSMAN BELAL