Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,
As-salamu-'alykum-wa-rahmatullaahi-wa-barakatu
  ----- Original Message -----
  To: group
  Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:19 PM
  Subject: Fried with pork......BK Fish, onion rings, hash browns. No more
milkyway, mars, snickers

              Assalamoalaikum
  Click on link below or read the article

  NO MORE MILKY WAY,MARS,SNICKERS.

  Mars starts using animal products

                 Masterfoods' brands are household names

Some of the UK's best-selling chocolate bars, such as Mars and Twix, will no
longer be suitable for vegetarians.   Also affecting brands such as Snickers
and Maltesers, owner Masterfoods said it had started to use animal product
rennet to make its chocolate products.   Masterfoods said the change was due to
it switching the sourcing of its ingredients and the admission was a
"principled decision" on its part.   The Vegetarian Society said the company's
move was "incomprehensible".   'Extremely disappointed'   Masterfoods said it
had started using rennet from 1 May and non-affected products had a "best
before date" up to 1 October.                  Masterfoods' decision to use
non-vegetarian whey is a backward step

    Vegetarian Society

  Rennet, a chemical sourced from calves' stomachs, is used in the production
of whey.   It will now also be found in Bounty, Minstrels and Milky Way
products, and the ice cream versions of all Masterfoods' bars.   "If the
customer is an extremely strict vegetarian, then we are sorry the products are
no longer suitable, but a less strict vegetarian should enjoy our chocolate,"
said Paul Goalby, corporate affairs manager for Masterfoods.   The Vegetarian
Society said it was "extremely disappointed".   "At a time when more and more
consumers are concerned about the provenance of their food, Masterfoods'
decision to use non-vegetarian whey is a backward step," it said in a
statement.   "Mars products are very popular with young people and many will be
shocked to discover that their manufacture now relies on the extraction of
rennet from the stomach lining of young calves," it added.

    As-Salaamu Alaikum,

  Just hot off the press....BY  BY TO BK FISH SANDWICH ALSO

  I received the following email from a friend and I think it is worth sharing.
  The BK Fish sandwich, onion rings and hash browns are fried in the same fryer
as the Pork sausage and pork fritters!

  Here is the proof from the Burger King website:
http://www.bk.com/#menu=3,3,-1
Go to this link and check out fried foods.....

  For those of you who are too lazy to visit the site and scroll down, I'm
posting a cutout of that text (see the attached image)
  Please try to forward this to as many Muslims as possible.
  Thanks,

Iqbal M Jaffer
847-997-9587

  Abida Rahmani

  If all the trees in the world were used to make paper it would not be
sufficient to write all the blessings provided to us.