The Prophet (SAW)'s Advice to Ibn Abbas (RA)
An-Nawawi's Hadith 19
On the authority of Aboo 'Abbaas 'Abdullah the son of 'Abbass (RA), who said:
One day I was behind the Prophet (SAW) [riding on the same mount] and he said
to me:
"Young man, I shall teach you some of words [of advice]:
Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you.
Be mindful of Allaah, and you will find Him in front of you.
If you ask, ask of Allaah;
If you seek help, seek help of Allaah.
Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything,
it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for
you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would
harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you.
The pens have been liffted and the pages have dried."
-It was related by at-Tirmithee, who said it was a good and sound Hadith.
In a version other than that of at-Tirmithee it reads:
" Be mindful of Allaah, you will find Him before you.
Get to know Allaah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity.
Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you, and that what has
befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with
patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship.

Hadith 19 Teaches Us
* That it is allowed for two persons to be seated on a mount if it does not
over-burden the animal.
* That if one takes care about Allaah, He takes care of him
* That if one takes care about Allaah, He helps him.
* That one must ask of Allaah only and seek His help only.
* That we cannot be harmed or benefited by anything or anyone, no matter how
large they are in number or how strong they appear, except by that which Allaah
allows.
* That what Allaah has allowed in our destiny will definitely occur.
* That one should remember and take care about Allaah in his good time, when
Allaah will take care of him in his bad time.
* That victory comes with patience.
* That relief comes after suffering.
* That an easy time comes after a hard time.

'Uthman ibn 'Affan (radiAllahu  anhu) said, "Worrying about the dunya is a
darkness in the heart, while worrying about the akhirah is a light in the
heart."