A THOUGHT

TEN THINGS WE WASTE
-------------------------
1. Our Knowledge: Wasted by not taking action with it.
2. Our Actions: Wasted by committing them without sincerity.
3. Our Wealth: Wasted by using on things that will not bring us Ajr (reward
from Allah). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which
have no benefit in this life or in Aakhirah (hereafter).
4. Our Hearts: Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the
feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In its
place, our hearts are filled with something or someone else.
5. Our Bodies: Wasted because we don't use them in Ibaadah (worship) and
service of Allah.
6. Our Love: Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards
something/someone else.
7. Our Time: Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has
passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds.
8. Our Intellect: Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are
detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.
9. Our Service: Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to
Allah, or benefit in Dunya.
10. Our Dhikr (Remembrance of Allah): Wasted, because it does not affect us or
our hearts.
~ Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah ~

PoEtEsS

"Prayer is the stepping stone of rewards and      success when my life has its
trials and my eyes has its tears"…Zohra Moosa

------------------------------------

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy
Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

Recommended:
http://www.ikhwanweb.com
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest". Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: