Musharraf and Zardari: Two Sides of the Same Coin
ASIF HAROON RAJA 01 November, 2008 08:07:42

SOON after Partition, apart from irascible hostility of India, Pakistan had to
contend with unfriendly Afghanistan. Besides being the only Muslim country to
oppose Pakistan's membership to the UN, it had demanded certain parts of
Baluchistan and NWFP. It had ...
Full story Anniversary of Hope
MUSHTAQ A. JEELANI 30 October, 2008 21:45:02

KASHMIRI-Canadians from coast-to-coast and Kashmiris all across the world have
observed October 27th, 61st anniversary of Indian invasion of Kashmir as a
"Black-Day." It was exactly 61 years ago, on October 27th, 1947, when the
Indian troops invaded and occupied ...
Full story Unscrupulous Leadership, Not Extremism Responsible for Our
Misfortunes
ASIF HAROON RAJA 30 October, 2008 17:18:00

IN the 9/11 terrorist attacks on twin towers in New York in which about 3000
persons died, no Afghan or Pakistani was involved. All the 19 perpetrators of
the crime were Arabs, mostly hailing from Saudi Arabia. Yet ...
Full story Indian Muslims and 'Terrorism': Some Searching Questions
YOGINDER SIKAND 30 October, 2008 17:06:00

ALTHOUGH the so-called mainstream Indian media carefully ignores this, enough
evidence exists to suggest that at least some of the killer bomb blasts that
have rocked various parts of India in recent years might not at all have been
the ...
Full story When Will Terror India Quit Kashmir?
DR. ABDUL RUFF COLACHAL 30 October, 2008 16:49:13

AFTER protestors thronged to United Nations Military Observer Group office in
Srinagar demanding the resolution of Kashmir dispute, as it is already known,
the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is planning to visit India towards the end
of this month or ...
Full story Hindu Group behind Malegaon, Modasa Blasts: Cops
SMITA NAIR 30 October, 2008 16:14:25

MUMBAI: The Maharastra police are said to have cracked the September 29 bomb
blasts in Malegaon and Modasa town in neighbouring Gujarat saying these were
allegedly carried out by the Hindu Jagran Manch, an Indore-based Hindu
extremist group known to ...
Full story A Cry from an Iraqi Christian woman! Where are you our beloved
Saddam Hussein?
A Christian woman - Al Moharer 24 October, 2008 17:48:04

I AM an Iraqi Christian woman from Mosul. We the Christians are the sons and
daughters of this very soil of Iraq. In our beloved Iraq, were born our
children, our fathers and our forefathers.. We are a part of this sacred ...
Full story Your Vote: Handle with Care
YOUSEF DRUMMOND 24 October, 2008 17:16:24

MILLIONS of voters across this country, from newly registered young voters to
seasoned voters, will converge at designated polling places on November 4th
throughout this nation to decide who is fit to be the next president of the
United States ...
Full story Who Is Better Mc Cain or Obama?
IBRAHIM EBEID 13 October, 2008 11:27:00

JOHN McCain, the Republican candidate for US President keeps orchestrating that
the surge is working In Iraq. Like President George Bush, he tells us that
violence is drastically down, a peaceful and secured Iraq is on the rise. He
wants ...
Full story Promise-keeper Zardari Delivers! Zardari Eyes Ashok Chakra
JAFAR SYED 13 October, 2008 11:16:36

IT is certainly significant that the two leaders [Singh-Zardari in New York]
have agreed to open the Atari-Wagah road link, which has been closed to normal
traffic of goods and people for 43 years, and the Khokrapur-Munabao railway ...
Full story Talk Radio
YOUSEF DRUMMOND 13 October, 2008 11:06:31

I REMEMBER a brief conversation between a graduate philosophy student and a
philosophy professor on the subject of talk radio.  As soon as the professor
heard the question he swiftly replied that he doesn't listen to it.  I had
never ...
Full story The Western Intellectual and Cultural Challenge and the
Responsibilities of the Ulema
Dr. Mahmud Ahmad Ghazi 13 October, 2008 10:54:16

Translated by Yoginder SikandTODAY, the world of Islam is passing through a
very difficult phase. Perhaps the Muslim ummah has never been faced with such
difficulties before. In one sense, the entire history of the Muslim ummah has
been a ...
Full story Malegaon, Modasa And Mehrauli Blasts: The Hindutva Connection?
SUBHASH GATADE 13 October, 2008 10:47:42

SABA Parveen still repents the fact that she sent her younger sister  Farheen
to Bhikku Chowk to buy some Pakoras. Little she could have the premonition that
she would never get to see her 10 year old  sister a class V ...
Full story Friend of India Zardari Auctions Pakistan
JAFAR SYED 05 October, 2008 19:48:00

NATIONAL Security Adviser M K Narayanan is hundred percent right when he says
that President Asif Ali Zardari is a "friend" of India. Promising to fulfill
India's agenda, President Asif Ali Zardari earned this shameful title. ...
Full story Notes on Economic Justice
YOUSEF DRUMMOND 05 October, 2008 19:38:16

THE world's greatest thinkers since Aristotle and the Scholastics treated
economics, like other intellectual disciplines such as physics or chemistry, as
a discipline with a moral or ethical component. One theologian tells us that
economics deals with "social provisioning with ...
Full story Web Addiction Raises Questions for Researchers Just Beginning to
Study Issue
Dean Bennett, THE CANADIAN PRE 05 October, 2008 19:30:15

THE symptoms of Internet addiction are stark but the causes elusive: a teenager
begins gaming on the Internet in the early evening and is still feverishly
pecking away when the sun comes up. Another goes to online chat ...
Full story Moonsighting for Shawwal 1429
Daily Muslims 29 September, 2008 19:32:00

THE Astronomical New Moon is on Monday, September 29, 2008 at 8:12 GMT, 4:12 am
EDT, 1:12 am PDT). It will not be visible on September 29 except small
possibility in Ploynesian Islands. On Tuesday, September 30, it will ...
Full story PPP's Inglorious Track Record
ASIF HAROON RAJA 26 September, 2008 23:18:36

PAKISTAN Peoples Party (PPP) government was thrice booted out, once through a
military coup in July 1977 after it had completed 5-year tenure and twice
prematurely on grounds of inefficiency and corruption. In 1990, President
Ghulam Ishaq performed the act ...
Full story India's Options in Kashmir
DR. ABDUL RUFF Colachal 26 September, 2008 23:03:28

FIRST, the good news for Kashmiris. To the credit of the freedom leaders it
must be stated that for the first time in Independent India, a few mainstream
newspapers, academicians and public figures and even political parties have
expressed their ...
Full story Mainstream Media Questions Delhi Encounter Killings
L. GEORGE 26 September, 2008 22:07:54

Finally it has happened: the main stream media in India has for the first time
come out with something other than the 'official version' of the encounter
killings that have taken place in the country.  Countercurrents.org
http://www.countercurrents.org/george250908.htm NDTV ...

Jawed Anwar
Editor & Publisher

<<files.php?file=spacer.gif>>