Editorial

Court Declares Qadeer Khan A Free Man

News agencies have reported that a Pakistani court yesterday ruled that nuclear
scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan, father of the country's atomic bomb, was a free
man, five years after he was effectively put under house arrest.The chief
justice of the Islamabad High Court, Sardar Mohammad Aslam, made the decision
after hearing lawyers representing government and the nuclear scientist in a
closed doors session on Friday."The petitioner is declared a free citizen and
writ petition is disposed off," said a written order issued by the court.Khan
has been effectively under house arrest in Islamabad since February 2004, when
he confessed on television to sending nuclear secrets to Iran, Libya and North
Korea, although he retracted his remarks later.Friday's court decision comes
just weeks after the United States unveiled sanctions against Khan, 12
associates and three firms linked to his nuclear proliferation network.Speaking
to reporters in the grounds of his villa in Islamabad on Friday, the scientist
thanked President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani for
his freedom." Asked if he would be able to move freely, he replied: "As far as
I have been told, I will go anywhere in Pakistan without any restrictions and I
will get whatever security that I had with me previously."If I want to travel
abroad I will have to seek permission from the government," he said.

As we all know, Mr Kadir Khan is a great scientist who is the father of
Pakitan’s nuclear weapon development..It ws necwssary for Pakitan to have
nuclear capability to match India .It was not possible for Pakistan to match in
India in conventional war fare.India now thinks a hundred times before it can
launch an attack on Paistan.There would have been a sure war between these two
powers after Mumbai episode  if Pakistan would not have nuclear capacity.

Abdul Qadir Khan has suffered a lot during Mosharraf regime.He ws forced to
confess some thing because Mosharraf government thought that confession by
Abdul Kadir Khan would make Pakistan free of US allegation that Pakistan has
passed to others knowledge of nuclear technology.These were all rubbish to
punish this great scientist and Pakistan.We welcome free Abdul Kadir. Khan

<<clip_image002.jpg>>