Assalam aleikum Br/ Sr Paglee and all,

May this message find you in the best of health and spirits.

Re: "Why multiple marriage at a time for men is allowed but not for
women in islam?"

I am not a scholar, but in brief my understanding is: life is not only
about husband & wife, but also rights of child and child has right to
know his lineage. If a woman were allowed to have numerous partners at
same time, then parentage can't be ascertained clearly (this is also why
women - not men - have waiting period after divorce or bereavement; so
that parentage is always clear).

My 2p (God knows best). In peace, Rianne

PS: just submitted final manuscript to publisher of '199 ways to please
God, how to (re-)align your daily life with your duty of care to
Creation' (a kind of 'save cash & planet' from Islamic inspiration).
Please make dua all goes well.