Hi Dmitry,

My apologies for interrupting your vacation!

I agree that my overall changes are not likely to be useful - I was
thinking of a pull request that replaces the use of dump() so that the
special build of LLVM for v5.0 and later can be removed. Let me know what
you think.

I can certainly look at starting a wiki page on the subject of cross
compilation too once I've tested that it is working properly (I've got a
build that looks to be producing a Linux object file but, beyond the 'file'
command giving promising output, I've not confirmed that it is good...)

Thanks for your help,

S.