So I have a for-loop along the lines of:

for(int i=programIndex; i<numEntries; i+=programCount)

inside this for-loop there's a point where I'd like to update exactly one
uniform with a value the last lane has access to. So something along the
lines of:

piData[0] += totNumValue;

here piData is a uniform int piData[] and totNumValue is varying.
As you can imagine this does not compile so my question is what is the
right way to do this with ispc? I guess what I really want is for last
lane's copy of totNumValue to be written out as a uniform. I looked at the
broadcast intrinsic but it doesn't seem to return a uniform.

"Intel SPMD Program Compiler Users" group.
For more options, visit