TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any problems!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm runing OS Sensor 5.0 on AIX 4.3.3 ML 8 and Real Secure console 5.5 ( OS
sensor update 1.1 ) on W2000 SP1.

If I apply the OS Sensor Default policy, everything goes fine, but when I
customize the policy by checking one of the Unix syslog events I get this
"sensor_error" on console :

"Error reading rules. Unable to read \Advanced\Logs"
"Cannot start LogListenning ( /var/log/syslog )"

I noticed that when you create a "user defined event" the "\Advanced\Logs"
appears in the policy file, but I don�t understand why the sensor needs this
line if I only want to use the syslog.

When I create a "user defined event" ( using one of the logs generated by
syslog ) there is no "sensor_error" and I get the events from the logfile I
set, but can't manage with the syslog if I don�t define the log path by
hand.

The syslog directory is /var/log/syslog.

Any comment is welcome.



Reply via email to