TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any problems!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I'd like to be able to do is create a filter rule to ignore some 
protocols other than TCP/ICMP/UDP (eg. IKE) from a point to point 
perspective, eg ignore all IKE to my VPN termination point but alert me 
when there is IKE somewhere else....

Cheers
Tyson
Mitchell, Brian (ISS Atlanta) wrote:

>TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any problems!
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>You are talking about IPUnknownProtocol, right? ARP can't be filtered,
>because it is not an IP protocol. The rest of those you mentioned can, just
>go to IPUnknownProtocol advanced option, and seperate the protocol numbers
>by commas. I hope this helps.
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: NGHE/NG, K.M. HENRY (IT-ISD-OOCL/HKG) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 11:38 PM
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: How to filter out protocols other than ICMP/TCP/UDP?
>
>
>
>TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any
>problems!
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Hi
>
>The filter function allows us to filter out some traffic in the network
>in the form of TCP(6), UDP(17) and ICMP(1) only.
>If I want to filter protocols like ARP(255) , IGP(9), GRE(47), ESP(50)
>etc from normal sources in the network, say the routers or VPN gateway,
>how can I do that?
>
>Regards,
>Henry Ng
>
>
>
>





Reply via email to