Hi,

have you checked for enough free disk-space? When I tested the AIX server
sensor, I reproduced
the following. If disk-space went out during installation of XPU's the
whole agent got unresponsive.
Even the uninstallation of the XPU and restarting the iss-daemon couldn't
fix it. I had ro reinstall the
whole agent.

Christian Osterbrink
________________________________
Verlagsgruppe Weltbild GmbH
Bereich Weltbild-IT
IT-Security
Steinerne Furt 72
86167 Augsburg

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

German A Suarez Nahon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gesendet von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
12.05.2006 14:52

An
issforum@iss.net, "Fischer, Cathy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [ISSForum] Information about ServerSensor on AIX 5.3

Hi...

Sorry, the problem began when I installed the serversensor. Today, the
daemon on server is running but the console show "Stopped". Our
administrator restart the daemon, yesterday and today, and nothing yet

Saludos....
Germán Alberto Suárez Nahón
Banco Mercantil, CA - Banco Universal
Seguridad de la Información
Phone: 58 212 5030270 / 0265 (Fax)
Mobile: 58 412 5928666
http://www.bancomercantil.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Fischer, Cathy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/12/2006 08:31 AM

Para
"German A Suarez Nahon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Asunto
RE: [ISSForum] Information about ServerSensor on AIX 5.3

Do you mean a clean install of an XPU for the server sensor? When
downloading and installing XPUs/upgrades, I usually have one of my server
sensors show stopped even though the daemon is running. I have found that
closing the console and logging off the server for awhile seems to fix the

problem. Actually had it happen this week.

Cathy Fischer
System Administrator
Applied Innovation Inc.
614 798-2000, ext 2072