Anuj Bhandar created AIRAVATA-2108:
Summary: Use cases to consider
Issue Type: Sub-task
Components: Airavata API
Environment: Software platform, Middleware serivice
Reporter: Anuj Bhandar
Assignee: Anuj Bhandar
Resource Allocation use-cases:
1. Establish an allocations process: The allocation administrator interacts
with Airavata staff to establish an allocations process for a client
Note: This may be a extra feature request, because the allocation process can
be same (predefined) to all the clients
2. Establish and manage review panel: The allocation administrator establishes
one or more review panels and designates panelists, their terms, and areas of
* The level of depth and role privileges are to be thought about and
* Parameters such as least number of approvals and number of panelists
should be finalized.
3. Add resources: Airavata resource allocation service queries Airavata's
resource discovery service to identify resources that services providers have
designated to be part of a given allocation process.
* Types of resources: Community and paid (XSEDE)
* Are all the clients entitled to select all kinds of resources ? or is
4. Establish a submission opportunity: The allocation administrator defines and
verifies the deadlines, review panel, and resources associated with a
Note: As some of these use-cases are picked from "XRAS (XSEDE)", I need more
elaboration on submission opportunity
5. Submission of allocation request: Researchers visit the client
organization’s designated interface to submit their allocation requests.
6. Manage the review process: The allocation administrator identifies conflicts
of interest between reviewers and submissions, assigns and notifies reviewers,
and prepares for face-to-face panel meetings.
Note: This may be an extra feature request.
7. Submission of a review: Panel members authenticate to the Airavata's review
interface using usernames and authentication, access request documents, related
accounting details, and complete assigned reviews.
8. Award or reject allocation requests: Following the panel meeting or other
decision process, the allocation administrator enters allocation amounts or
rejection information, notifies the submitter, and relays results to the
9. Allocation data reporting and access: Airavata's will provide interfaces to
allow allocation administrators to generate basic reports and exchange data
with a reporting service.
As this a tentative list of use-cases, any suggestion and improvements are
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA