Amogh Patel created AMBARI-21687:
Summary: User can't add node via Ambari UI when being part of both
"cluster user" and "cluster admin" roles
Issue Type: Bug
Affects Versions: 2.5.1
Reporter: Amogh Patel
User can't add node via Ambari UI when being part of both "cluster user" and
"cluster admin" roles.
Issue1: The expected behavior of Ambari is to not allow same user/group to be
part of 2 different roles and it WARNS that Cannot save permissions.. Only 1
role allowed per user or group but this can be fooled by creating two different
groups and have a common user, which creates Issue2.
Issue2: Due to above, user (part of cluster user and cluster admin) can't add
node and Ambari UI goes in loop during node registration process and reloads
the page again and again.
Reproduced it with Ambari 2.5.1. Steps to reproduce:
1. Created group foogroup *and user *foo1 *and added it in foogroup*.
2. Tried to add* foogroup* to roles cluster user and administrator and it
doesn't allow with above warning.
3. Created a local user test1 in Ambari.
4. Created 2 different group clus_admin and cluster_user and added test1 in
both of them.
5. Assigned clus_admin to cluster admin role and *clus_user to cluster user
role and was able to save and assign 2 differen*t roles to same user.
6. Tried to add a new node with* test1 *user and Ambari UI freaks out while
registration and goes on loop.
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA