[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-4716?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16816962#comment-16816962
 ] 

Tanya Schlusser commented on ARROW-4716:
----------------------------------------

Linux first is a great choice.

Python is my favorite language and I am happy to do this. The existing shell 
script was only because it was easy and quick.

I am very very sorry for dropping the ball the past couple of months. My mom 
passed away and I have been a total wreck (and moved back home from her house 
and got a job) but I still want to contribute and hope you will accept me back 
now. You all rock very much!

> [Benchmarking] Make maching detection script cross-platform
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ARROW-4716
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-4716
>             Project: Apache Arrow
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Benchmarking
>            Reporter: Antoine Pitrou
>            Priority: Major
>
> The machine detection script ({{make_machine_json.sh}}) currently looks like 
> it will only work properly on macOS. Ideally it should work more or less 
> correctly on all of them macOS, Linux and Windows (some values may remain 
> undetected on some platforms).
> This probably entails:
> - switching to Python rather than bash
> - using something like [psutil|https://psutil.readthedocs.io/en/latest/] to 
> grab useful machine information
> - calling {{nvidia-smi}} to query GPU characteristics (for example 
> "nvidia-smi -q -i 0 -x")



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Reply via email to