[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-327?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15496088#comment-15496088
 ] 

Stephan Erb commented on AURORA-327:
------------------------------------

[~jsirois] is this fixed with curator?

> Aurora shutdown blocks when attempting to abdicate leadership and zk ensemble 
> is down
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AURORA-327
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-327
>             Project: Aurora
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Reliability, Scheduler
>            Reporter: Kevin Sweeney
>            Assignee: John Sirois
>
> Observed this yesterday - Aurora appears to retry abdicating its membership 
> if the zk ensemble is down. This will halt scheduler shutdown.
> {noformat}
> W0416 23:05:27.344 THREAD23 
> com.twitter.common.zookeeper.Group$ActiveMembership$1.get: Temporary error 
> cancelling membership: /twitter/service/mesos/test/scheduler/member_0000002820
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode 
> = ConnectionLoss for /twitter/service/mesos/test/scheduler/member_0000002820
>         at 
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:90)
>         at 
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.delete(ZooKeeper.java:734)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.zookeeper.Group$ActiveMembership$1.get(Group.java:370)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.zookeeper.Group$ActiveMembership$1.get(Group.java:367)
>         at com.twitter.common.util.BackoffHelper$1.get(BackoffHelper.java:109)
>         at com.twitter.common.util.BackoffHelper$1.get(BackoffHelper.java:107)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.util.BackoffHelper.doUntilResult(BackoffHelper.java:127)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.util.BackoffHelper.doUntilSuccess(BackoffHelper.java:107)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.zookeeper.Group$ActiveMembership.cancel(Group.java:367)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.zookeeper.ServerSetImpl$MemberStatus.leave(ServerSetImpl.java:255)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.zookeeper.ServerSetImpl$2.leave(ServerSetImpl.java:199)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.zookeeper.SingletonService$1$1.leave(SingletonService.java:185)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.SchedulerLifecycle$8.execute(SchedulerLifecycle.java:369)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.SchedulerLifecycle$8.execute(SchedulerLifecycle.java:354)
>         at com.twitter.common.base.Closures$4.execute(Closures.java:120)
>         at com.twitter.common.base.Closures$3.execute(Closures.java:98)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.util.StateMachine.transition(StateMachine.java:191)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.SchedulerLifecycle$4.execute(SchedulerLifecycle.java:235)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.application.ShutdownRegistry$ShutdownRegistryImpl.execute(ShutdownRegistry.java:88)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.application.Lifecycle.shutdown(Lifecycle.java:92)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.log.mesos.MesosLog$LogStream.disableLog(MesosLog.java:354)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.log.mesos.MesosLog$LogStream.mutate(MesosLog.java:372)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.log.mesos.MesosLog$LogStream.append(MesosLog.java:318)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.log.mesos.MesosLog$LogStream.append(MesosLog.java:148)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogManager$StreamManager.appendAndGetPosition(LogManager.java:308)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogManager$StreamManager.snapshot(LogManager.java:296)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage.persist(LogStorage.java:491)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$$EnhancerByGuice$$8f32e797.CGLIB$persist$10(<generated>)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$$EnhancerByGuice$$8f32e797$$FastClassByGuice$$6565b2c0.invoke(<generated>)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.cglib.proxy.$MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:228)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:72)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.inject.TimedInterceptor.invoke(TimedInterceptor.java:87)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:72)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback.intercept(InterceptorStackCallback.java:52)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$$EnhancerByGuice$$8f32e797.persist(<generated>)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$6.execute(LogStorage.java:481)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.Storage$MutateWork$NoResult.apply(Storage.java:131)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.Storage$MutateWork$NoResult.apply(Storage.java:127)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$7.apply(LogStorage.java:515)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$7.apply(LogStorage.java:512)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.mem.MemStorage.doWork(MemStorage.java:149)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.mem.MemStorage.write(MemStorage.java:165)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage.write(LogStorage.java:512)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage.doSnapshot(LogStorage.java:476)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$$EnhancerByGuice$$8f32e797.CGLIB$doSnapshot$9(<generated>)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$$EnhancerByGuice$$8f32e797$$FastClassByGuice$$6565b2c0.invoke(<generated>)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.cglib.proxy.$MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:228)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:72)
>         at 
> com.twitter.common.inject.TimedInterceptor.invoke(TimedInterceptor.java:87)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:72)
>         at 
> com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback.intercept(InterceptorStackCallback.java:52)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$$EnhancerByGuice$$8f32e797.doSnapshot(<generated>)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage.snapshot(LogStorage.java:548)
>         at 
> org.apache.aurora.scheduler.storage.log.LogStorage$5.run(LogStorage.java:454)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to