[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7755?focusedWorklogId=282212&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:worklog-tabpanel#worklog-282212
]
ASF GitHub Bot logged work on BEAM-7755:
----------------------------------------
Author: ASF GitHub Bot
Created on: 24/Jul/19 18:30
Start Date: 24/Jul/19 18:30
Worklog Time Spent: 10m
Work Description: snallapa commented on issue #9089: [BEAM-7755] adding
repeated row implementation that worked on a simple case
URL: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/9089#issuecomment-514747719
@amaliujia hey I added a test. I will clean it up later but I wanted to have
it done to show you the problem. It is the case you are talking about and that
test fails without the change I made. I also want to point out that all the
tests in that file there use a certain toBeamRow method and the one I found
this issue on did not have tests for. Is the toBeamRow method that goes through
Avro not recommended?
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]
Issue Time Tracking
-------------------
Worklog Id: (was: 282212)
Time Spent: 20m (was: 10m)
> BigQuery Repeated Records do not seem to work
> ---------------------------------------------
>
> Key: BEAM-7755
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7755
> Project: Beam
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: io-java-avro, io-java-gcp
> Affects Versions: 2.12.0, 2.13.0
> Reporter: Sahith Nallapareddy
> Priority: Major
> Time Spent: 20m
> Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> When translating BigQuery rows to beam rows, specifically using theĀ
> BigQueryUtils.toBeamRow(record, beamSchema) method, REPEATEDĀ RECORDS causes
> an error. This seems to be caused that avro arrays are thought to only have
> primitive types but these are arrays with a ROW type:
> {noformat}
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ROW is not primitive type.
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.gcp.bigquery.BigQueryUtils.convertAvroPrimitiveTypes(BigQueryUtils.java:467)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.gcp.bigquery.BigQueryUtils.convertAvroArray(BigQueryUtils.java:427)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.gcp.bigquery.BigQueryUtils.convertAvroFormat(BigQueryUtils.java:373)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.gcp.bigquery.BigQueryUtils.lambda$toBeamRow$2(BigQueryUtils.java:222)
> at
> java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:193)
> at
> java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1376)
> at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
> at
> java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
> at
> java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
> at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
> at
> java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.gcp.bigquery.BigQueryUtils.toBeamRow(BigQueryUtils.java:223)
> at
> com.spotify.data.sql.RowSource.lambda$bigquery$120a5f9f$1(RowSource.java:55)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.gcp.bigquery.BigQuerySourceBase$1.apply(BigQuerySourceBase.java:242)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.gcp.bigquery.BigQuerySourceBase$1.apply(BigQuerySourceBase.java:235)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.AvroSource$AvroBlock.readNextRecord(AvroSource.java:597)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.BlockBasedSource$BlockBasedReader.readNextRecord(BlockBasedSource.java:209)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.FileBasedSource$FileBasedReader.advanceImpl(FileBasedSource.java:484)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.FileBasedSource$FileBasedReader.startImpl(FileBasedSource.java:479)
> at
> org.apache.beam.sdk.io.OffsetBasedSource$OffsetBasedReader.start(OffsetBasedSource.java:249)
> at
> org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.WorkerCustomSources$BoundedReaderIterator.start(WorkerCustomSources.java:601)
> {noformat}
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.14#76016)