gwlucastrig commented on pull request #116:
URL: https://github.com/apache/commons-imaging/pull/116#issuecomment-919020286


   I wonder whether we might be able to use Reflection and move the static 
resolveParameters() method into the base class so that it only appears once. 
resolveParameters would take a class as an additional argument. That approach 
might let us get rid of the two constructors (copy and no-argument) which I 
also saw as error-prone.
   
   I'll have to review Java Generics a bit.  I almost never use them beyond the 
implementations supplied by the Java API.  Perhaps in this case they can be 
applied to simplify our problem.
   
   Also, I think my idea sort of falls apart because the TiffImagingParameters 
does not derive directly from ImagingParameters, but that there is an 
intermediate class:  TiffImagingParameters extends XmpImagingParameters.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


Reply via email to