[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1282?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14966758#comment-14966758
 ] 

Gilles commented on MATH-1282:
------------------------------

Hi.

If you look at the linked issues, you'll see that previous attempts to improve 
the port of this code did not quite succeed. :(
The warning in the [release 
notes|http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/changes-report.html] has 
been standing through 8 releases...


> BOBYQA trsbox infinite loop
> ---------------------------
>
>                 Key: MATH-1282
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1282
>             Project: Commons Math
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 3.2
>            Reporter: Tillmann Gaida
>
> Apparently the BOBYQA optimizer can get stuck in the trsbox method. This 
> happened to us out of the blue after millions of successful optimizations.
> Unfortunately our target function has too many dependencies, so I can't 
> provide a unit test for the full optimization. I have however created a unit 
> test which isolates the call to trsbox: http://pastebin.com/wYPVS3SC
> I took a quick look at the code, but it looks like one can't understand a 
> thing without having read the original paper. Can someone help?



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to