[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CODEC-254?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16865466#comment-16865466
 ] 

Sebb commented on CODEC-254:
----------------------------

I agree, the code currently handles SHCH incorrectly.
I've checked with the Perl Text::Phonetic::Koeln module and that says SHCH => 
84.

I think the error occurs because the code only takes account of H as the next 
character, and ignores the fact that it affects the previous character. So it 
looks like the C directly follows the S.

> ColognePhonetic does not treat the letter H correct
> ---------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CODEC-254
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CODEC-254
>             Project: Commons Codec
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.12
>            Reporter: Holger Grote
>            Priority: Major
>
> With the fix in CODEC-250 the letter H is not treaten correct any more.
> A String 'shch' is coded as 8 and not as 84. (This string is sometimes in 
> foreign surnames)
> The reasen is the letter h is ignored completely and not stored in the 
> lastChar anymore.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Reply via email to