[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL-320?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]
Tomo Suzuki updated BCEL-320:
-----------------------------
Priority: Minor (was: Major)
> A new ClassPathRepository that can scan 200 JAR files without OutOfMemoryError
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: BCEL-320
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL-320
> Project: Commons BCEL
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Reporter: Tomo Suzuki
> Priority: Minor
>
> (This ticket is derivation from
> [BCEL-317|https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL-317], which I found
> creating ConstantUtf8 cache is not straightforward under current
> ClassPathRepository design.)
> We use BCEL library in
> https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-opensource-java . Thank you for
> great library.
> I'm going to add an example case where existing ClassPathRepository and
> MemorySensitiveClassPathRepository throw OutOfMemoryError upon scanning many
> JAR files.
> Initially I thought it could be fixed by
> [BCEL-317|https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL-317], but it turned out
> that it's not straightforward under current design. Instead of focusing on
> ConstantUtf8, I decided to use my own custom ClassPathRepository that uses
> LRU cache internally to hold JavaClass instances.
> This ticket is to contribute the idea to BCEL library so that other users can
> benefit from it.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)