breautek commented on PR #1596:
URL: https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/1596#issuecomment-1510405234

   The 
[README](https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/blob/master/README.md?plain=1#L35)
 should be updated to reflect the new JDK requirement.
   
   Part of me would rather wait for AGP 8 support until we intend to support 
API 34, which is still in beta phase and won't be released until August at the 
earliest. I see no concrete date in their roadmap for the final release. The 
rationale for waiting is to defer the JDK 17 upgrade when it's not needed for a 
future cordova-android@13 release for API 34. I think Cordova should release a 
version supporting API 33 no later than at the end of July to give the month to 
users to refactor their own apps.
   
   On the other hand, we do have an issue with M1 macs where it can be rather 
[difficult](https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/issues/1409#issuecomment-1510008696)
 to setup due to the current JDK 11 requirement which the only prebuilt JDK 
available and is provided through Android Studio Electric Eel. Now that 
Flamingo is released, I presume it ships with JDK 17 which I've seen reports 
that it doesn't work properly with the Android Tooling (however I haven't 
confirmed this myself). So having build tools that supports JDK 17 will now 
give M1 users more options as there are other prebuilt JDK environments 
available and would be more aligned to our existing documentation.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to