Jan Piotrowski (Sujan) commented on CB-11606:

Thanks [~jnmoore]. Is this something that should be changed in the codebase for 
all users to make this more stable?
Would you be up to creating a PR on Github with the changes in the necessary 

> Cordova.js not including the WinJS Base.js file correctly
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: CB-11606
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-11606
>             Project: Apache Cordova
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: cordova-js, cordova-windows
>            Reporter: linda zhong
>            Priority: Minor
> If I remote debug to x64 the app side loads through the debugger. I can click 
> around, do everything, no problem.
> BUT once I disconnect the debug process, and then start the app on the 
> surface, it flashes open, then closes... the error from that closing seems to 
> be related to Windows not being defined( i assume from the base) and then 
> creating DB connections off of that.
> I thought maybe it was a change in the debugging setup, so I went through the 
> whole process of side loading it, and the same thing happens. 
> I traced it down to Cordova not including the Base.js file correctly, there 
> seem to be pathing issues, but only when i run it on the surface, without the 
> debugger... so I'm confused.
> Of course, since i side loaded it onto the x64 surface, I thought, I could 
> sideload the app onto the Surface RT, which i did, and guess what, it works 
> fine there. 
> So why would the same app, side loaded on RT work, but not on x64.
> Is there something different in the Base file its trying to use, maybe it 
> exists for one but not the other?
> If I run the index.html in chrome, i can see more errors, so debugging with 
> that I see a few more things.
> Here is the code in the cordova.js file thats messing up the include (line 
> 1449 in the cordova js i have)
> {noformat}
>     if (!window.WinJS) {
>             var scriptElem = document.createElement("script");
>             if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf('MSAppHost/3.0') !== -1) {
>                 // Windows 10 UWP
>                 scriptElem.src = '/www/WinJS/js/base.js';
>             } else if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Windows Phone 8.1;") !== 
> -1) {
>                 // windows phone 8.1 + Mobile IE 11
>                 scriptElem.src = "//Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1/js/base.js";
>             } else if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSAppHost/2.0;") !== -1) 
> {
>                 // windows 8.1 + IE 11
>                 scriptElem.src = "//Microsoft.WinJS.2.0/js/base.js";
>             } else {
>                 // windows 8.0 + IE 10
>                 scriptElem.src = "//Microsoft.WinJS.1.0/js/base.js";
>             }
>             scriptElem.addEventListener("load", onWinJSReady);
>             document.head.appendChild(scriptElem);
>         }
> {noformat}
> The x64 is firing this include - the else
>   scriptElem.src = "//Microsoft.WinJS.1.0/js/base.js";
> When I inspect it loading locally on my machine, its using
> <script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.2.0/js/base.js"></script>
> If i hard code a script tag to the WinJS/js/base.js that error goes away from 
> the console, but then i am still seeing the error for Windows. is not defined.
> Now, with the base.js fixed, its not showing errors in the windows events 
> log, but its still crashing on start up.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail: issues-unsubscr...@cordova.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: issues-h...@cordova.apache.org

Reply via email to