Scott Wells created CXF-7065:

             Summary: WSDL2Java-generated classes no longer deserializaing 
properly in recent Java 8 JRE
                 Key: CXF-7065
             Project: CXF
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: JAX-WS Runtime
    Affects Versions: 3.0.10
            Reporter: Scott Wells
            Priority: Critical

I've been using CXF for a set of WSDL-derived SOAP clients for about two years 
without issue.  Recently something changed that caused certain portions of the 
SOAP envelope to silently fail to deserialize into the corresponding Java 
classes.  I've confirmed that this problem does not occur with Oracle Java 
1.8.0_74 but it does occur with Oracle Java 1.8.0_102.  I see the same problem 
with recent OpenJDK builds.  I've confirmed this behavior on both Windows and 
Mac OS X.

Obviously the variable here is the JRE, but I figured I'd check in here and see 
if you guys were aware of anything that might be causing it and, ideally, might 
have thoughts/ETA for a fix.

For more details on a specific SOAP envelope that exhibits this issue, take a 
look at my more recent comments here:

By the way, I'm using 3.0.10 because my product must run under Java 6 
currently.  I'm hoping to remove that restriction in the medium-term, but for 
now it's required.

Please let me know if you need anything further from me.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

Reply via email to