[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8887?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16389762#comment-16389762
 ] 

ASF GitHub Bot commented on FLINK-8887:
---------------------------------------

Github user aljoscha commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/5657
  
    +1 I think this makes sense if it unblocks merging test ports to master. 
I'm guessing we'll leave FLINK-8887 open until we have the proper fix?


> ClusterClient.getJobStatus can throw FencingTokenException
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLINK-8887
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8887
>             Project: Flink
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Distributed Coordination
>    Affects Versions: 1.5.0
>            Reporter: Gary Yao
>            Assignee: vinoyang
>            Priority: Blocker
>              Labels: flip-6
>             Fix For: 1.5.0
>
>
> *Description*
> Calling {{RestClusterClient.getJobStatus}} or 
> {{MiniClusterClient.getJobStatus}} can result in a {{FencingTokenException}}. 
> *Analysis*
> {{Dispatcher.requestJobStatus}} first looks the {{JobManagerRunner}} up by 
> job id. If a reference is found, {{requestJobStatus}} is called on the 
> respective instance. If not, the {{ArchivedExecutionGraphStore}} is queried. 
> However, between the lookup and the method call, the {{JobMaster}} of the 
> respective job may have lost leadership already (job finished), and has set 
> the fencing token to {{null}}.
> *Stacktrace*
> {noformat}
> Caused by: org.apache.flink.runtime.rpc.exceptions.FencingTokenException: 
> Fencing token mismatch: Ignoring message LocalFencedMessage(null, 
> LocalRpcInvocation(requestJobStatus(Time))) because the fencing token null 
> did not match the expected fencing token b8423c75bc6838244b8c93c8bd4a4f51.
>       at 
> org.apache.flink.runtime.rpc.akka.FencedAkkaRpcActor.handleMessage(FencedAkkaRpcActor.java:73)
>       at 
> org.apache.flink.runtime.rpc.akka.AkkaRpcActor.lambda$onReceive$1(AkkaRpcActor.java:132)
>       at 
> akka.actor.ActorCell$$anonfun$become$1.applyOrElse(ActorCell.scala:544)
>       at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:502)
>       at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:95)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:526)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:495)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:257)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:224)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.exec(Mailbox.scala:234)
>       at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
> {noformat}
> {noformat}
> Caused by: org.apache.flink.runtime.rpc.exceptions.FencingTokenException: 
> Fencing token not set: Ignoring message LocalFencedMessage(null, 
> LocalRpcInvocation(requestJobStatus(Time))) because the fencing token is null.
>       at 
> org.apache.flink.runtime.rpc.akka.FencedAkkaRpcActor.handleMessage(FencedAkkaRpcActor.java:56)
>       at 
> org.apache.flink.runtime.rpc.akka.AkkaRpcActor.lambda$onReceive$1(AkkaRpcActor.java:132)
>       at 
> akka.actor.ActorCell$$anonfun$become$1.applyOrElse(ActorCell.scala:544)
>       at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:502)
>       at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:95)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:526)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:495)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:257)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:224)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.exec(Mailbox.scala:234)
>       at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Reply via email to