[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-39477?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18118032#comment-18118032
 ] 

Aleksandr Savonin commented on FLINK-39477:
-------------------------------------------

Hi. I created an umbrella ticket 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-40749 where I'm going to update/add 
PR-template/AI disclosure (agents.md is out of scope). 

> Clarify how Flink accepts and supports AI-Assisted Contributions and AI 
> Tooling Support 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLINK-39477
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-39477
>             Project: Flink
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Documentation
>            Reporter: Martijn Visser
>            Assignee: Martijn Visser
>            Priority: Major
>              Labels: pull-request-available
>             Fix For: 2.3.0
>
>
> 1. Adopt contribution guidelines for AI-assisted PRs. Contributors must 
> disclose when AI tooling was used (using Generated-by: <Tool Name and 
> Version> in the commit message), and must be able to explain and take 
> ownership of all changes. AI-generated code is held to the same review 
> standards as human-written code.
> 2. Add AGENTS.md files to the Flink repository. AGENTS.md [7] is a convention 
> for giving AI coding agents project-specific context. It can contain 
> information like build instructions, test commands, coding conventions, 
> commit message format. I think we should add one at the root of apache/flink.
> 3. Add module-level context for AI tooling. This is where I think we can take 
> a step forward. Each Flink module (e.g. flink-streaming-java, 
> flink-table-planner, flink-clients) would benefit from its own AGENTS.md 
> explaining the module's role, key abstractions, testing patterns, and common 
> pitfalls. This also serves as architectural documentation that helps human 
> contributors.
> https://lists.apache.org/thread/l0n4w86v1o5cwkqpqtf2q7lb7zdyrymf



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to