[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-39380?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18119848#comment-18119848
 ] 

sepuri sai krishna commented on FLINK-39380:
--------------------------------------------

Thanks [~autophagian], I'll take it.

Both sound right to me. I'll add just 
{{ProcessTableFunctionTestHarness.restoreFromSnapshot}} - FLIP-567 still shows 
the {{Builder}} variant, so that line wants dropping at some point.

On the deep copy, the useful part is that {{stateByKey}} already holds the 
internal form ({{ArrayData}} / {{MapData}} / {{RowData}}), even for POJO state, 
since every write goes through {{StateConverter.toInternal}} first. So the copy 
can be driven off the state {{DataType}} and never has to touch a user object.

Two bits I'd watch: {{Timer}} needs a real copy as well, since it carries the 
mutable {{fired}} flag and a {{Row}} key, and the snapshot should include 
{{globalWatermark}} and not just {{watermarkByTable}} - otherwise the 
backward-watermark check is skipped on the first update after a
restore.

Can you assign it to me?


> Add support for test snapshotting/restoration to 
> ProcessTableFunctionTestHarness
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLINK-39380
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-39380
>             Project: Flink
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>            Reporter: Mika Naylor
>            Priority: Major
>




--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to