[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-40805?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18121961#comment-18121961
 ] 

Moritz Manner edited comment on FLINK-40805 at 10/2/26 12:34 PM:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi [~autophagian], I like to think so, yes. There's a PR in review for the 
first part of this FLIP and I'll create a PR for the second task soon.


was (Author: JIRAUSER314373):
Hi [~autophagian], I like to think so, yes. There's a PR in review for the 
first part of this FLIP and I'll create a PR for the second PR soon.

> FLIP-612: Native XML Functions for Flink SQL
> --------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLINK-40805
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-40805
>             Project: Flink
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>          Components: Table SQL / API
>            Reporter: Moritz Manner
>            Assignee: Moritz Manner
>            Priority: Major
>
> Implements FLIP-612: 
> [https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/FLINK/pages/451974259/FLIP-612+Native+XML+Functions+for+Flink+SQL]
> This FLIP adds support for parsing XML strings into a VARIANT and for 
> converting a VARIANT parsed from XML back into an XML string. It adds the 
> following built-in functions as part of the FLIP:
> {code:java}
> PARSE_XML(xml_string [, force_array])     → VARIANT
> TRY_PARSE_XML(xml_string [, force_array]) → VARIANT
> XML_STRING(variant)                       → STRING{code}
> The work is split into two subtasks. The first adds PARSE_XML and 
> TRY_PARSE_XML, the second adds XML_STRING.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to