[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-35892?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18124810#comment-18124810
]
Sergey Kononov commented on FLINK-35892:
----------------------------------------
I close the issue as there is apparently no interest to it
> Flink Kubernetes Operator docs lacks info on FlinkSessionJob submission
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: FLINK-35892
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-35892
> Project: Flink
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: Kubernetes Operator
> Affects Versions: kubernetes-operator-1.9.0
> Reporter: Sergey Kononov
> Priority: Minor
>
> Hello,
> After FLINK-26808 fix a job submission to Flink session cluster via Flink
> Kubernetes Operator (FKO) is still impossible without setting config option
> web.submit.enable to true. If it's false FKO produces an exception:
> {{i.j.o.p.e.ReconciliationDispatcher [ERROR][fko/jobname] Error during event
> processing ExecutionScope\{ resource id: ResourceID{name='jobname',
> namespace='fko'}, version: 173807615} failed.}}
> {{org.apache.flink.kubernetes.operator.exception.ReconciliationException:
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
> org.apache.flink.runtime.rest.util.RestClientException: [POST request not
> allowed]}}
> As I understand it is an intended behavior as FKO uses {{/jars/*}} REST
> endpoints to submit jobs to a session cluster and they are not initialized if
> web.submit.enable is false.
> I would suggest to mention in FKO docs
> ([here|https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/blob/main/docs/content/docs/custom-resource/overview.md#flinksessionjob-spec-overview[]|https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/blob/main/docs/content/docs/custom-resource/overview.md#flinksessionjob-spec-overview])
> that the option web.submit.enable should be set to true if one intends to
> use FKO with the session cluster. I lost quite a lot of time to figure this
> out.
>
> Best regards,
> Sergey
--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)